6. in a week

═════ ♪ ✧⁎ ☆ ⁎✧ ♪  ══════

"I assume agent prentiss told you why the four of you are here?" Linda barnes. She might as well be the devil incarnate, with all of the (and I don't like using this language) shit she's put the bau through. Especially when Aaron Hotchner was still here. She hated him so much, and we can't help but assume she's one of the reasons he left.

Emily, Penelope, and Y/n are all sitting the same, legs crossed with their hands folded in their laps. I feel left out for some reason, so I mimic their positions. Y/n notices me stirring and makes eye contact, glancing down at my pleated fingers then back to my eyes, silently chuckling; then returning her gaze to barnes.

No one speaks up to her question, so I guess I have to, "Y-yes, ma'am she did. Agent Y/l/n and I are to go undercover as an engaged couple, in Salt Lake City in a week."

"Thank you, Agent Reid," Doctor. "Yes, I just wanted to make sure you guys are prepared. Miss Garcia will be expecting once a week updates, from a separate burner phone, at precisely 3pm every sunday of your absence. You two are to have zero contact with your team, except with Garcia of course the entire time."

Y/n and I both nod hesitantly. I'm sure Emily assumed this would be the case; though no one on the team wanted to be cut off from us, but the look on her face tells me she was hoping it to be false.

"Social media accounts have been made for your alter egos, they are to be maintained as any public account as any happy couple would be. "Y/l/n," she looks to her. "Your new name for the time being will be April, fiance to Simon Gray." She motions to me. "This is your house," she pulls a small photo out of a folder.

It looks nice, two stories, not too big. It's a light muted green color, with a dark gray door and a somewhat matching roof. "You also have a car, just one for now," Another picture is pulled out. It's a white station wagon, nothing special. A little modern for my taste, but I digress.

The rest of the meeting goes as expected; Barnes talked the entire time, listing rules to which Y/n payed no mind, in hopes of having me to rely on. It's late. Later than I would have wanted to be home by, I have eight more books to read tonight. I'm hoping to spend tomorrow rereading, analyzing, and annotating.

"Spencer, do you wanna just catch a ride with us? Avoid gross public transport this late?" Y/n slings her bag over her shoulder as we exit the spinning doors. Emily and Penelope, further ahead, stopped to see my answer.

"Um- yeah that would be great, Penelope do you mind?" I feel as though I should ask, it's her car after all. "Of course I don't mind sugar plum, we can always use boy genius blessing us with his company."

═ ⁎✧ one week later ✧⁎ ═

"Here let me take that for you." She passes me her suitcase and I load it into the SUV. I figure
it's the least I could do for her, considering I beat Y/n at shotgun for the ride to the airport.

I had asked Emily and Rossi, who were in the room, why we weren't just taking the jet, and I was mad at myself for not initially knowing the answer. In order to start our new life incognito, we have to enter Salt Lake City like locals; that means no private jets courtesy of the FBI.
Rtf555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555512089-0 ppppppppppppp
^^^fuck it cat sat on the keyboard

We're flying out of DC, and I'm more nervous than I was going back to my highschool to deliver a lecture. I'm normally perfectly fine flying, but to be fair, the only flying experience I get lately is for work, and I personally know the person flying. I tried to get more information on the pilot of this public plane, for safety purposes, but to no avail.