𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

Start from the beginning

**✿❀○❀✿**

Kol and Rory sat together, both no where even close to tipsy, talking the bartender's ear off. Whether it be from Rory's talkative tendencies, or Kol's lack of human interaction for the past few decades, the two were rather outgoing. Though, Kol still thought that it would be rather hilarious if he just ate the guy. Rory didn't find it so funny.

"How long until we can actually go home?" Klaus complained from beside them, clearly unimpressed by either of them, just wanting to return to his 'personal cave of hybrid brooding,' as Rory would call it.

"You can go home if you want," Rory offered followed up by very enthusiastic nods coming from Kol, looking passed Rory towards Klaus.

Of their time at the grill, it was almost impossible to ignore the looks casted over to them by Alaric Saltzman, and whoever the dark-haired woman he was with. It was quite unsettling to say the least.

"I'll... stay here," said Klaus, turning around so he was now standing, with his back rested on the bar counter, "Caroline!" He announced, looking at whoever walked in, and sure enough, Caroline Forbes was walking into the Grill.

"Oh! It's you," Caroline responded, crossing her arms over her chest, looking at him in disgust before looking over to Kol, and then momentarily halting her gaze onto Rory before turning to look back at Klaus.

"Join us for a drink?" Klaus asked her.

"Mm," the blonde stated in faux contemplation, "I'd rather die of thirst, but thanks!"

Both Kol and Rory choked on their drinks, leaning onto one another trying their hardest to control their laughter at the look left on Klaus' face, and when he turned to look at the two, it made it that much harder.

Caroline then turned and walked away, stalking back towards the doors to leave.

"Isn't she something?" said Klaus once she left.

"Oh, she is certainly something walking away from you," Kol told him, flipping around as well so his back was up against the bar table. 

Klaus stared at his brother for a moment in contemplation before a smug look grew on his face, "I'll take that as a challenge." And before they could say anything, Klaus was out of the door, following after Caroline Forbes. Whether it was to prove his siblings wrong, or he genuinely liked the girl, he was out of there, leaving Kol and Rory behind.

"So, Rora," Kol said, turning back around to look at her, leaning his upper body onto the table, and resting his face in the palm of his hands, grinning at her.

"So, Kol," Rory responded, moving her body to face him, copying his actions with her head in her palms, grinning as well.

"How long until you think Nik is going to get rejected by blondie?"

"Ten minutes tops."

"I think that would be pushing it a little too much, don't you think?" ask Kol, smirking. Rory tilted her head to the side in contemplation, but her attention was brought back towards the doors when they opened, Klaus walking back in. Kol and Rory turned to each other, trying to suppress another laugh, but ultimately stopped when they saw the look on Klaus' face.

"We have to go," he said urgently, any hint of enthusiasm gone in his voice, cause the other two to slightly groan and lean on each other, so Klaus tightened his voice, sounding more stern, "Now."