Chapter 9

Jake POV:

I pushed open the door to my office and pulled her inside before letting go of her hair and continuing to walk to my desk.

"Shut the door." I command her. She slowly gets to her feet not breaking eye contact. Her bright blue eyes drawing me into her soul, trying to act scarier than she was. I'll admit, it worked, this woman in front of me I had never seen before. She had an aura around her that made me back off her a bit.

Arabella finally closed the door and made her way to one of the two seats facing me. She walked with such power, such confidence, it was scary.

"You betrayed me." I started off trying to tone down the tension.

"First off you never answered me, you just walked out the room, how was I supposed to know if you would bring me a phone or not. Second we were never a team or anything so I never betrayed you." She defended herself, keeping her face emotionless and her speech mirroring her walk, confident and powerful.

"You killed three of my men." I raised my eyebrow towards her wondering what her response to this might be.

Bella simply just shrugged her shoulders. "Condolences to their families, but that's the price you pay for working in the mafia, isn't it?" she purposely left a few seconds before saying the last bit, and I felt something inside me snap. I knew those men; they were honest and loyal and this bitch has the audacity to take them away.

I threw my fists down on the desk making the paperwork and pens on it jump before landing again, spread messy all over the once clean desk. Bella didn't even flinch. Instead, she stood up but slowly. Placing her hands flat on the desk. This made me slump back into my seat, as I could see the fire literally through her eyes.

"I don't care who you are or who's dead, all I care about are my two angels that are currently due back here in two days. If you are gonna stop me from making contact that will be the last mistake you ever make, as you will be six feet under. I know who you are, but don't underestimate me, Bellona, whose added mothers love makes me one of the most dangerous women on this planet. So, I dare you to try to stop me from reaching them."

I stared at her, not really knowing what's just happened as she sits back in her seat again like nothing just occurred. The fact was, it wasn't her words that scared me. No. It was her tone. I've met many a people who are all bark and no bite, yet this woman right here in the calm tone she just talked to me told me she was all bark and all bite.

I took a gulp, which I'm pretty sure she heard, as the corners of her mouth turned upwards forming a slight grin. I still tried to sound tough though as this still was my house and my mafia

"I won't underestimate you, but don't forget where you are Bella, my house. Anyway, contact who ever, but I also have an offer for you that you might want to hear." Her expression never changed apart from the small nod she gave me letting me know to continue. "Were killing Elijah, if you want in, you can, but on three conditions. One you stay here while the mission is underway. Two you become part of the gang until the mission is over, then you can either choose to stay with us or go your own way once again. Lastly you will still be attending school with me and the boys and you will ride with us." She let out a small giggle and for the first time her expression changed. It became more relaxed and happier.

"I'll take your offer but my kids will be staying here with me, we will be staying in a bedroom too, not a cell. I also want you to send a jet to pick them up. If word gets out about me being part of your gang, I will put a blade to your throat when you sleep and make you bleed slowly so that you will suffer, but fast enough so no one will know your murder was on me. Got it?" Bella lifted her eyebrow towards me, I nodded in response to her requests.