Chapter 10- The Deep End

Resisting Temptation

Chapter 10

The Deep End

-----------------------

Chalice's POV

I threw the ball, one last time into the hoop and went in. I went upstairs and grabbed my favourite black and red striped bikini, black flip flops, a towel, new clothes, make up and a hairbrush. Along with some other stuff. I shoved them in my bag and went to the car. I got in the drivers seat to see Jules already in the passanger seat.

"The boys are just getting their stuff."She said once I got in.

I nodded.

"Hey, what do you think about Jack and Al? I mean they are getting serious. Will she turn him? Will he move in? Will they get married?" Jules was babbling but I had been thinking the same.

"Hmm, I know, I dont know, probably not after what happened with me and maybe." I shrugged.

She sighed and leaned back into her seat. That's when Olly and Lewis got in the car.

"We ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep." Olly called back.

I started the car and drove down the street. It only took about 20 minutes to get to the pool. Luckily it was never very busy. Jules was quiet the whole journey but I had guessed it was about Al and Jack. Olly and Lewis were talking about football so I tuned out and decided to put some music on. I looked in the compartment to see 'Rihanna-Loud' but instead I put on the radio. It was playing my favourite song. Let it go by Devlin and Labrynth. I turned it up and louder whilst Lewis gave me death glared through the rearview mirror. I just smirked.

When we arrived at the Pool, me and Jules went and got changed in the ladies changing room. After I stripped and put my stuff in my bag, I got a locker and shoved it in. I wait for Jules but she still hadn't come. I walked up to her door and knocked. No answer.

"Hey Jules, The pool closes in like 3 hours so hurry up your lazy arse!" I yelled.

Still no answer. I sighed and looked around. No one about and no one in the other cubicles. So I grabbed the top of the door and jumped over the door. She was in there but not in spirit. Just in body. I walked in front of her and put my hands on her shoulders. I shook her without success. I then turned to see what she was staring at. What I saw made my skin crawl. I only saw it for a brief second but that was all it took. I turned to face it fully and growled. I was looking at a mirror. But what I saw in it made me question everything. It was a face. Dark and evil. It had red eyes and was smriking at me and Jules. What I did next made the most sense to me. I punched the mirror. There was a crack and it broke into a million pieces. I grabbed Jules' hand and pulled her out.

"Come on." I muttered. She came willingly but I needed us to get out as soon as we can. I saw the guys already in the water and I pulled us towards them. They were splashing each other but when they saw my expression they stopped immediatly. When we were standing together, Olly spoke.

"Whats wrong?" He murmed urgently. There were a few people around so we had to be careful. So I quietly told them all what happened. Olly pulled Jules against him as if to shield her and the look of fear in her eyes slowly dissapeared. She was never scared like this. I wonder if she recognised the face...

"Maybe we should go?" Olly suggested, looking at Jules.

"Ha, no chance! I'm gonna find out what that was after I've had a swim." I said and dived under. I swam over to Lewis' legs and pulled him under. I smirked when he was under and swam away. I swam all the way into the deep end and that was when I saw it. Through the vents on the floor, I saw 2 red lights, like eyes just glaring at me. It then blinked and I swam back as fast as I could back to the others. I swam to the surface to see them all staring at me. I grabbed their arms and pulled them to the side. I climbed out aswell as Olly and Lewis. Olly put his hands down to help Jules up. She grabbed them and tried to get up.

"Somethings got my leg! Help!" She almost yelled. I dived in with Lewis whilst Olly stayed to hold her up. All I saw at first was Jules' legs then I saw a dark hand around her ankle. Lewis saw it aswell, he grabbed it and unclasped it from her leg. I swam down next to it and snapped the wrist. I instantly sank back into the drain. I watched it go and then swam to the surface with Lewis. Jules was now up on the side, with Ollys arms around her. She was shaking and looked quite worn out.

"Dont worry. I snapped its wrist. Calm down." I said, climbing up on the side. I went over and wrapped my arms around her.

"Now, it really is time to go home." Lewis said sternly. He threw me a towel and a hoodie. No way were any of us going to get changed there. Olly gave Jules his jacket and she dried off and put it on over her blue bikini. I went and got our stuff from the locker and went to the car. This time, Lewis drove, I was in the passanger seat whilst Jules and Olly were in the back. He seemed to calm her down and protect her which I was happy about. I turned around to talk to Jules when I saw something by her leg. I looked down and saw a huge red hand mark on her ankle. She looked down and almost screamed. She burst into tears, like that was proving it was real. Olly put his arms around her, soothing her, while she was whispering, "Why me?" Over and over again.

"Its not just you Jules, I saw something when I went under, like 2 red eyes." And I told them the whole story.

When we got home, we all got changed and I went down the hall to Jules and now I am guessing, Ollys room. I knocked.

"Come in." A voice called softly.

I went in to see Jules asleep in an old t-shirt in Ollys arms. He smiled but lookes worried.

"Just came to see if she was okay." I said.

"She is...better. She is just freaked out." He said solemnly.

I nodded and closed the door. What a day...

-------------------

comment,like,vote<3