Chapter Thirty

It's been a whole month since the biggest events of my life have taken place, and I have been feeling completely miserable about it all. I quit my job at the publishing company and stopped renting my old apartment. With the few times that I have visited the place it is just too unbearable. It is a constant reminder of what have happened no matter how many times I would bleach the floors. I would just end up breaking down in front of whoever is with me, my mother, Lucifer, even Abaddon or Lilith, because Lucifer believes I need to be watched at all times whenever he's not around. Though I must say, much to my surprise Lilith's intimidating exterior has evaporated quite the bit, and I wonder if it's because of what happened or because Lucifer has spoken with her about the abortion proposition.

The first week after I got back from the hospital I stayed with my mum. She is more than helpful though after five days she supposed I should get myself out of bed. I just can't bring myself to do it. Not until Lily and Hardy flew over from New York to visit. But even then, I is a mess. They were a huge help whenever it came to my father's funeral. I wept for days thinking about his dead body in that casket. No amount of make-up is able to cover up the slit on his throat.

I know I have to come to an acceptance on his death, but I don't think I will be able to until I get to know what it is that is happening with Nina. Where she is and what is being done to her.

Lucifer has kept me completely out of the loop on this matter. Probably because he doesn't want to overwhelm me or thinks it may do me more harm than good. But at this point in my life I think I need it. I already set my mind on revenge.

It's been four god damn weeks! I know I won't heal in this short amount of time, but I am feeling better. I may be walking around Lucifer's apartment in sweats with my hair in braids, but at least I'm out of bed and eating better.

Despite that, everyone still acts cautious around me. Tiptoeing around certain topics or avoiding them altogether when I'm around. It makes me feel like I am a ticking bomb ready to explode any moment. But perhaps that's what I am. Afterall, I am eagerly waiting to get my alone time with Nina. I've no idea what I will do, what I will say even, I just need to confront her. Without Lucifer around clouding my judgments.

It's a Friday evening, the city lights just beginning to enlighten the vast living room as I began to have a habit of opening up the curtains. The complete opposite of what Lucifer prefers, but he lets me do it anyway. And with Christmas just around the corner the twinkling city lights reminds of Christmas trees. Though this year I am not in the festive mood, I haven't even asked Lucifer about having a Christmas tree in his penthouse.

I sit resting my chin on my propped-up knee as my fingers glide across the white and black keys of the piano that I never know Lucifer have. I don't remember how to play well anymore, but I remember this one sad melody from when I is younger, and I play it over and over to the point I can now do it with my eyes closed.

Just then I hear the ding of the elevator in the foyer. Light tapping footsteps fill the echoes of the room and a number of shuffling bags. Once I look up, I see Skyler walking towards the kitchen with the regular Friday night takeaway.

I stand and walk over to him. Sitting on the bar stool as I watch him look for some utensils in the drawers.

"What's the meal for today?" I ask trying to give him a smile. Probably the most genuine one in weeks.

"Italian!" he replies as he takes out the boxes and hands me the food.

I fiddle with them before I dig into some pasta, it is so good and creamy, not as perfect as Lucifer's slave cooks his food, but very close to it and so much so I let out a moan of delight.