Chapter 8: Prequel Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"Yes, but this is serious business." Serafall said with earnest. "Top secret business, knowledge only known to the Maōs."

Sona blinked, "Onee-sama, should you be telling me this?"

Serafall had never disclosed anything top secret or confidential before. She even kept the death of the biblical God secret, only revealing the truth behind it once she learned about the [Master Key].

"I'm afraid I have no choice, Sona." Serafall somberly replied, forgoing the nickname she usually used for her sister. "You see, the Maōs have long theorized that time travel, that is travel beyond just a few hours in the past, was theoretically possible. While we could never have imagined that traveling to the future was possible, we theorized a scenario where someone might travel to the past to warn us of an upcoming catastrophe. We realized that if someone were to travel back to the past to warn us of the future they might not have any proof, so we came up with a method. A secret password we would only teach to time travelers who came back in time to warn us of a disaster. Each Maō have their own secret code, a code that could only be verified by our past selves so that we would know that this person is our time traveling ambassador."

Sona blinked in response, not only surprised by the seriousness of her sister but the foresight of the Maōs.

"Sona, you are going to be my ambassador." Serafall said, the severity of the conversation was apparent due to the fact that she didn't use that terrible nickname. "I'm going to teach you my secret code so that if you come into trouble in the past, if the Maōs start to question your motives or actions you can recite this code and we'll know you're a time traveler who's come to save us."

"I understand." Sona replied, ready to do her part as Maō Leviathan's temporal ambassador.

"I need you to pay close attention and memorize this code in its entirety. Can you do that Sona?" Serafall asked.

"Of course, Onee-sama." Sona replied, her entire focus was now on her sister. Sona's exceptional intellect was ready to memorize every detail.

"Very well, watch closely." Serafall said as she stepped back from Sona and took a deep breath to center herself before she began to recite the secret code.

"Milulun! Milu-milu!" Serafall said with a cute voice as she twirled twice in place and then began to do an intricate poses, "In The Name Of Maō Leviathan I Have Come To The Past To Save The Underworld!" Serafall ended the choreographed routine with a pose and a wink.

"Onee-sama!" Sona said after watching the magical girl routine, "I thought you said this was serious!"

"This is serious. No one knows this secret code but me. This is my code, So-tan." Serafall insisted, "You have to do it exactly like I did so I'll know it's true. This is important."

Sona cringed in embarrassment, she should have realized her Onee-sama would make a code so ridiculous.

Sighing to herself, Sona did her best to mimic the 'secret code.'

"Milulun! Milu-milu!" Sona recited in a monotone voice, "In The Name Of Maō Leviathan I Have Come To The Past To Save The Underworld!", she finished with stiff movements.

"No, no! That's no good, So-tan!" Serafall said, scolding her sister. "You have to say it cutely."

"Cutely?" Sona said with embarrassment.