Chapter 5

Selina POV:

Every step away from them is like a eternity in hell. I don't even know why I am doing this. Is this because they are royals or because I don't want mates.

I was only able to turn around the corridor before I broke down and crouched against the wall.

"They won't reject you"

"Huh!!" 

"They are your mates and what if they are royals. They are made to accept you. Why are being so afraid to be rejected and are not giving them even a chance."Jake continued.

No, why in the hell will I be afraid of rejection, they are my mates, my other half.Maybe because I just broke their hearts and hope.Maybe because I am planning to kill their family member. Maybe because I am a redhead. Maybe because I am damaged and not perfect like every one expects the Royal's youngest to be.Maybe because I am almost close to giving in to darkness. Maybe because...               

"Shut it!! Stop thinking like that and I am sensing a future meeting soon"Laura smirked at me.

"What!! No, I can't meet them after I rejected them!! Please tell me when and where and..."

"You will try your best to avoid them. But no we are not letting this happen and I am sure Liam will support us." Jake gloated like a pig and I really wanted to punch his stupid face.

"Jake shut it and Selina get up we are heading to Liam's office now." 

(Liam's office) 

"Liam the boys Selina was beating were her mates and royals and she rejected them due to her insecurities. Talk some sense into her before I drag her to their doorstep to make up or out from they way that flirt Jimin was staring at her." Jake spilled out in one breath as soon as we entered Liam's office.

"Hold up!! Selina congratulations" Liam said with warmth in his eyes but that was tinted with a hint of irritation and I knew that I was in trouble.

"Now why don't you explain to me why did you reject them?" he questioned in that 'you better answer right now' voice of his.

"They are Royals"

"And. That is not enough of a reason to reject them and most of the royals hate him!! I have told you countless of time that mates are blessing, a chance a redemption but something you throw away like you did Selina. I am disappointed in you Selina. Please go and apologise to them and give it a try."      

"Liam I don't even know for sure if they are my mates or not. I didn't even get to touch them." I desperately tried to pacify the disappointment in Liam's eye.

"Do you even believe in what you are saying Selina?". Liam looked at me with such disappointment in his eyes that it almost crushed me. "Please tell me true reason why you rejected them. I know you are not selfish enough to reject them just because they are Royals."   

The words were enough for the truth to spill out.

"Who would want such a heartless and cruel mate like me. who rejected them before even getting to know them. Who is planning to kill their family member. Who is damaged beyond their dreams. What will happen when they know of how I am related to Royal family. They will reject me then. So I just did it sooner than later." I was on my knees, tears dripping down my face by now. 

Liam gathered me in his arms and rubbed my back, effectively calming me down. "If they reject you for your family, for your scars, for your pain then they are not worth you.But before that gives them a chance at least."

"Ok".  

⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃⁃

Short but I am trying my best but this pandemic is finally starting to weigh me down. I am trying my best to keep my hopes up.

Stay safe