You forget that other people have dreams sometimes. He'd forgotten that under her quiet and usually obsequious gaze, was a real soul which had feelings and aspirations and things that she wanted to do. It made him forget that he didn't have any of those.

Smiling slightly, he nodded his head before returning back to his own book, "you could compare it to the wild blue yonder..." he trailed off and she narrowed her eyes looking at him before she slowly turned back to look at her book in front of her.

"We shall see."

"-yes, you know I looked up once and it was like all the stars crashed down on my head. Like taking a shower in the cosmos," she admitted as she walked through the forest beside Derek. The pair had been talking about her trip to Los Angeles and her visit to the Griffith Observatory that she still needed to write down and get her wages from.

She wasn't looking at him as she was too focused on the path ahead and the occasional roots of trees that liked to propose an attack on her stability. He, on the other hand, had his eyes following her remembering all the times they used to do this when they were younger. They hadn't been in Beacon Hills at the same time in around three years and for them to be here now was like something he didn't even know he had missed. Neither had she.

Realising what she said she narrowed her eyes looking up at the tree in front of her for a second, "I should write that down," she muttered grabbing onto her phone and quickly typing it down and he rolled his eyes out of amusement at the action. "So, what are you doing now? Have you found some exciting exotic career yet?" She mused as she glanced at him although she was forced to drag her eyes away out of fear of falling.

"I have not," he proclaimed, "I'm just taking everything one step at a time," he trailed and she hummed.

"Not chasing some romantic girl around Europe?" She quipped as she continued on her way jumping up onto a fallen tree and holding out her hands to balance herself. She'd only meant it as a joke but he looked at her in surprise for a second and that second of hesitation was enough to make her stop for a second time and she looked to him wanting to know what he was stalling for. "What?"

"Nothing."

She frowned a smile on her face as she tried to work him out, "weirdo," she teased jumping down, "come on then, enough about me what have you been doing in the past sixth months?"

"I've been battling supernatural creatures alongside my sister whilst running from hunters," he said and it was silent for a few seconds before she scoffed beginning to laugh.

"What?" She asked continuing to laugh and after a few seconds, she released a snort causing him to laugh himself.

That was the only secret they shared. He'd never lied, but when he told her as they were children she'd taken it as a joke and from then on he found he could tell her anything and everything because that was precisely what it was to her. A joke. Not some grand secret where people would hunt him down if she ever told it. Nothing about the words mattered when he told them to her. Perhaps that was why he stuck around for so long.

"Charming as always, Margo," he taunted and she rolled her eyes trying to control her laughter. He managed to control himself much faster than her and he was left standing in the forest watching her as she hopelessly clawed for a lifeline to calm her composure. He couldn't help but feel like things were just that little bit brighter at that moment.

Finally managing to stop laughing, she cleared her throat looking over him with the remanents of the smile she was holding. One that would remain sketched onto her face for a long time now. Nothing could be spoken and yet so much was being said. She tried to think what it would be like if they were stood much closer right now. And some thoughts once thought are very hard to unthink