Chapter 35 - The Last Battle

Steve kicked at the debris of the abandoned base, "This is miles and miles from the village, even by the quinjet, it'll take us at least 6 hours to get back. What was she thinking?" Tony shook his head, "She was always selfless, probably thinking of sacrificing herself to save us." Steve looked his way, "You're surprisingly calm about this whole situation. Do you even care?" Tony nodded wearily, a tear escaped his eye, running down his cheek, "I care very much, I just know I failed, I can't do anything now." He whispered.

***

Kronos pulled out his scythe and Megan brandished her double Katana's. Kronos smiled at her, "It's been far too long, my dear. I've missed you." Megan snarled, "You've missed the sex." Kronos laughed slightly, "Well... the sex was amazing." Megan charged forwards and swiped at Kronos as he dodged back and swung his scythe, Megan rolling down and out of the way. "I see you've grown more powerful."

"I see you're still an ass." Megan countered as Kronos flicked his wrist, sending a golden power orb towards her. Megan put up her black, sparkly walls, countering Kronos's power orb and sending it flying back towards him. He dodged out of the way, but narrowly, his shirt now steaming. Kronos concentrated and he grew to his titan size, his greek chiton flowing in the breeze. He laughed but it was cut short as Megan imagined herself to be bigger than she had ever been before, growing as tall as Kronos, to the size of a skyscraper she smiled down as she towered over him.

Kronos growled, he moved his scythe, now grown, swiping at Megan. He nicked her bronze skin, black blood oozing from the wound, however her own swords were now grown as well and Megan swiped a cut at Kronos's arm. The two went back and forth at each other, swiping and dodging, it was a beautiful choreography, a dance of sorts. Long, bronze limbs intricately weaving around one another creating such contrasting colours against the clear, blue sky. The sun gleamed on the two's skin and the ground shook under their powerful weight.

The two were equally matched in skill, and neither tired out as they kept on entwining their bodies around one another, a pirouette here, a stab there, a Jete here, a painful wound there. By the end of it, the two were sweating and bleeding all over their bodies from various places. "This clearly isn't working." Megan heaved and Kronos nodded, "You think?" The two shrunk back to normal size. "We can't overpower one another and I need to get to the Avengers. You are standing in my way, meaning this might go one for centuries without a winner." Megan nodded slowly, "What do you propose?"

Kronos smiled, "Gaea, my mother, I call upon you to waken and summon your strength to help me defeat your sister, Lady Eros." Megan's eyes widened in fear, "Traitor." She yelled and Kronos shrugged, "You already knew I was one." Hard, thick vines entangled Megan's body, "I HAVE BEEN IN SLUMBER FOR MUCH TOO LONG, IT IS TIME FOR ME TO AWAKEN AND CALL UPON ALL MY CHILDREN." Gaea spoke, her voice earthly as a beautiful pale woman emerged straight from the ground.

Her dress swirled with grass and dirt, her skin was pearly white which was unsettling to say the least. Her eyes opened and they were pure brown, the colour of the dirt, her lips were a pouty red, and her black hair was plaited back and off her shoulders. She was absolutely breathtaking, literally as Megan felt herself choking from the vines. A battle cry sounded behind her and dozens of giants and other titans marched forwards, "Ah Fuck." Megan mumbled. She knew she was toasted now, what she didn't know was what was happening up in the heavens, on Mount Olympus.

"Zeus, she died once, killing Kronos, we cannot let her battle along again. The earth mother has awoken from her slumber." Hera stressed to her husband. The king of the universe twirled his beard, his tongue darted out to wetten his lips before he spoke, "My queen, we cannot get involved-" "This is not mortal matter, this is our father and grandmother we are talking about. We have to help her, Zeus. S-she saved our family once, it's time we repay the favour." Zeus crumbled under his wife's perfect reasoning, "Very well. HERMES?"

The god sped towards Zeus, "What's up, boss man?" "Tell the Olympians to get prepared for battle, for today we shall fight the titans, giants and earth mother all together." Eros wasn't far off, even higher up in the heavens he saw his daughter struggling and so he was determined to fight today as well.

***

Just as Megan succumbed to sleep, almost losing consciousness, she looked up and nearly balked. She saw chariots upon chariots filled with the Greek gods and goddesses as they descended to the ground in front of her. Her father, Eros, walked over to her, using his power to cut loose the veins entangled around Megan's body. "What the-" She started, blinking as she looked around her to see one of her families, her godly family. "Glad you all could make it." She spoke and Aphrodite turned around to blow her a kiss as Megan tried to get over her shock.

"OLYMPIANS..." Zeus's voice boomed across the field and Megan smiled, walking forwards until she was standing at the very front, "ASSEMBLE." She yelled and they all let out a loud battle cry before the real battle began. Gods and goddesses fought with titans and giants, the earth shook violently with the immense godly power that was infiltrating it's very roots. Megan fought like a demon, mercilessly killing every bad guy she could get her hands on until she and her father side-by side, escaped the battle and reached Kronos and Gaea.

"Eros." Gaea nodded, he nodded back, one thing about Greek gods and goddesses, they were always polite, even in the midst of a battle. "It's been far too long, uncle." Gaea spoke, "Indeed it has, child." Megan glanced at Kronos who seemed ready, determined to accept his faith. She sighed, "Father, I fear time is running out. We have to battle now." He nodded at his daughter, "Gaea, my dear niece, let us fight to the death." The two engaged in battle and Megan looked back at Kronos who was staring at her.

"We can't beat each other." He smiled and Megan smiled back at him, "I lied." She charged forwards and swung herself at Kronos as she flipped him over and he landed on his back, she pinned his arms down on the ground with her swords pierced straight through them. She looked down at him, "You know how it felt when you killed my brother?" Kronos looked up at her, his teeth bared. She used her powers to take out Kronos' heart as he screamed and she ripped it apart to shreds in front of him. His golden blood poured all over her and him, splattering for miles around. Kronos felt numb, dead, he felt such indescribable pain that he couldn't feel any physical pain anymore.

He looked up at Megan with listless eyes, "I lived like that for my whole life." Megan whispered. Kronos closed his eyes, trying to relax as his last moments were near now. Megan sighed, she used her powers and started to pull away every fibre of Kronos, so that his very essence was reduced to nothing, he would cease to exist. The screams sounding from him caused her immense pleasure, finally she would have a satisfying end-

Megan blinked, she was back at her school, at the back of her school in Manhattan. The forest stretching behind her, she looked down to see her hand still around Steve's, although he too looked younger. She had then realized what had just happened, she just saw her whole life with Steve flash before her eyes, she was still 17, although she saw into the future, saw what was to come. She knew if she asked Steve to stay, to be her friend, that she would end up living that painful life, but she also remembered all the good parts of it, her children, her dad, Tony, everything.

She also knew that as soon as she made her decision, the gods would take away her memories, so that her life would pan out exactly as she saw it would. "I just...need a friend like you. I won't tell anyone, please. I still have so many questions, like how are you an actor and a real avenger." Megan spoke, exactly like she saw in the vision of her future, she was already beginning to forget the details of her future with Steve. Steve shook his head, smiling softly at her, "Alright, you'll see me soon then, doll."

Ok, so I know some of you might be confused as to what the hell just happened. Basically, Megan never left that forest, but as soon as she touched Steve, her powers gave her the ability to look into the future and see what it holds for her. So the six books didn't actually happen in a sense, they were just the vision of Megan's future. I might do a sort of "Epilogue Book" way later, but I think I like to end the Femme Fatale series this way. Her future, however, pans out exactly like how I wrote in the series, no changes. Anyways, I want to thank everyone that read my books and to those who stuck by me through this journey. I will be starting a new Avengers book soon, either a reader-insert one-shot book or a book with a OG character, except this time a love story between her and Tony Stark. Thank you all so much and I hope you enjoyed reading these books as much as I enjoyed writing them.