Chapter 5 - The End is Near...

Megan ducked an alien soldier and whipped out her swords, nearby Steve watched in utter disbelief. She brandished both swords, one in each hand as she yelled and stabbed two aliens on her side, she kicked them off her sword using her feet and slashing at nearby aliens. She put her swords back and took out her guns, shooting as many alien soldiers as she could and then she got out a spear and speared through several aliens, using one leg to kick them off her long spear. "She is so hot." Steve mumbled, fighting his own battle at the moment.

Megan looked up to see Thor... THOR and Rocket and Groot enter the battle. She wiped the blood off her face and grinned, "THOR!" He looked down at her and smiled, not only had his appearance changed but his whole demeanor seemed defeated, as though he lost so much. Loki flew in after Thor and Megan did a double take, "Hold on just a fucking second." She stared at Loki as he dropped down next to her, "Miss me, sweetheart?" She blinked and then threw her head back and laughed as she simply gutted an alien soldier behind her without looking. "We'll have words later." "I expect no less." Loki smiled mischievously.

Thor yelled and electricity crackled around him as he blasted hundreds of alien soldiers. He looked over at Megan, "You know you could do that as well." She shrugged, "Saving my energy for Thanos." Thor grinned, "By the way, you fucking asshole, did you know how worried we were?" Thor chuckled under his breath, "I love you too, Megan." She huffed and roundhouse kicked another alien coming towards her, cracking his neck with her boot. "You boys never cease to surprise me." She mumbled.

Thor looked over at a panting Steve, his close friend Steve, "New haircut?" The supersoldier spoke, waving at his hair. Thor grinned, "Notice you've copied my beard." Steve nodded, shrugging, Thor looked over at Groot, "By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree." Groot stabbed through several alien warriors with one of his tree branches as Megan smirked, "I like him." "I AM GROOT." Groot snarled in full battle mode, Steve formally, but showing a hint of bemusement, placed a hand on his chest, "I am Steve Rogers." Megan snorted again as Shuri spoke in the comm, "Megan I upgraded your suit, press the golden wings over your heart."

Megan shrugged and pressed them, immediately her gloves grew knives as fingers, her boots as well grew jagged vibranium on their bottom and sides. She grinned, "OH FUCK YEAH. COME AT ME MOTHERFUCKERS!" "She's cute when she's all riled up." Bucky spoke in the comm.

***

"You had to egg him on!" Rain snarled at Quill as he checked on her, helping her to her feet, "Hey, kid, there's a lot of things that at your young, tender age, you wouldn't understand." "You love her and are going out of your mind worrying about her because she's the one person in the world that makes you better and more... you." Quill blinked, "How... how could you possibly know?" Rain looked over at Peter, swinging away with his suit, "Because I have someone I worry about too."

She ran into battle and Quill looked after her, "What did you expect Peter? She's the Captain America and the Femme Fatale's kid. Of course she's super smart." Quill shook his head and ran after her. Thanos trew Tony across the field as he cut the Titan's cheek and instead grabbed hold of Edward, twisting his little arm behind his back. A sickening crack was heard throughout the planet as everyone stayed still in their place, not wanting to move so as to urge the Titan in killing the kid.

"Give me the stone or he's gone." Edward locked eyes with his Uncle Strange, he smiled serenely, "Please Uncle, don't do this. I've lived as full a life as I could, I'm not worth it." Thanos crushed the kid's wrist as Edward bit his cheek to keep from screaming in pain, his blood filling his mouth in it's sweet taste. "Edward, I love you and all your siblings, so-" Strange opened his palm, revealing the stone, "I will give you the stone. Spare his life." "NO." Edward yelled as Thanos gently laid him down in the sand of the planet, "No tricks." Strange sighed and shook his head.

Thanos grabbed the stone and placed it in his gauntlet, the sheer energy of it sending a shock wave through his body, he grinned, "One to go."

***

"Somebody get to Vision." Steve yelled into the comm. "On my way." Wanda spoke, she halted as Proxima dropped down in front of her. "He'll die alone. As will you." Megan walked in from the forest, crouching down and baring her sharp spear in challenge, "She's not alone." Okoye and Natasha surrounded Wanda on her other side as well. Proxima snarled and rushed forward, Megan and her spear clashing with one another's, sending literal sparks flying.

"Loki, get to Vision." Megan heard in her comm as she grunted and Natasha jumped on Proximas back, sending an electric charge from one of her widow bites throughout the alien. The women continued to battle, nearby Megan saw Brooklyn spear through an alien's head. She grinned at Megan, "Hey Mom!" "What the fuck are you doing here?" "Not being bored, that's for sure." Brooklyn kicked at another soldier and used her katana to cut straight through him, both halves of his body falling limply to the ground. "This is so fun." Brooklyn gushed and Megan blinked.

Proxima threw Natasha across into a tree, Okoye close behind her as both women slammed into the trunk of a tree and she snarled, leaping on Megan and baring her teeth to Megan's throat. Megan tried to push her off, but she had the lead, being on top of Megan. The alien was about to rip through Megan's flesh with her teeth, when Megan used her legs to throw Proxima upwards, her body going through one of the Thresher's. Blue blood spattered all over Megan and she wiped her face. "That was really gross."

"He's here." Vision's voice was an eerie, creepy tone as everyone froze in their places. "Avengers... Get. To. Vision. Now!" Megan spoke and the team rushed over to Vision, standing beside him and holding their ground. Thanos began walking towards them and Megan gulped, she grabbed a hold of Steve's hand, "If I don't make it out of this-" "Shut up, we will. Let's just focus on kicking his ass right now." Steve whispered and Megan nodded. Bruce approached Thanos and the Titan sent him flying back, he pinned Steve and Megan onto trees with a purple haze.

Megan tuned into Wanda and Vision's conversation, "Wanda. It's time." The Sokovian woman shook her head, "No." "They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone." "Don't." Wanda spoke, choking on her tears, "Magda won't have a father anymore, Vis." Vision sighed, "You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time." "I-I can't." "Yes, you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies, Magda could be part of that half. I love her and I love you which is why you must do this."

Wanda's vision blurred, her chest heaving, "It's not fair." "It shouldn't be you, but it is. It's all right. You could never hurt me. I just... feel you." Wanda let out a painful scream that pierced the air as she began to take Vision's stone out, using her powers. Thanos seemed to easily flick aside any Avenger that crossed his path. Megan and Steve snarled, they broke through and met Thanos. "Ah, Lady Eros, I've been wanting to meet you. I do have to say, however, now that you're in front of me, you're not nearly as impressive as the universe makes you out to be."

Megan's form flickered and dissolved away as she began to glow, "Avert your eyes." She spoke into her comm and the Avengers all looked down. A blinding light filled the forest as Megan stood clad in Greek battle armour, her demeanor now no longer a badass agent, but now she was a terrifying goddess. Something that was unapproachable, unattainable, and Thanos felt is as well. She growled, looking up at Thanos, her voice booming across the forest, "YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED."

Thanos was enveloped in a golden haze as he weakly shut his eyes, he knew what was coming because of Rain, he yelled out, but it was too late.

Thanos looked around at the piles and piles of the dead bodies of his children, his army, his father, mother, everyone he had ever loved. Megan stood in front of him, "You have committed a great transgression Thanos, The Mad Titan, The Great Titan. Now pay for your crimes." He looked over at Megan whose eyes glowed a brilliant white, no pupils or anything, just white like blinding headlights. For the first time in his life, Thanos realized that he was truly afraid.