Chapter 17 - She's Got Help

Peter clutched the gauntlet and stared open-mouth at Carol, "Hi. I'm– Peter Parker." Carol gave him a one-sided smirk, "Hey, Peter Parker. You got something for me?" Peter handed the gauntlet to Carol, "I don't know how you're gonna get it through all that." Brooklyn dropped down next to Carol and Rain came on her other side. Behind them a whole army of woman heroes stood, "Don't worry." Brooklyn smirked at Peter, "She's got help." Rain said, shooting Peter a wink as he went dry-throated staring at her beautiful form. "I'm so proud of them right now." Natasha whispered to Wanda and she smiled softly, although it didn't reach her eyes.

Wanda was still beyond upset with what happened with Vision, she was unaware of the fact that Megan was more than capable of bringing Vision back. Maybe because of her overbearing emotions, it was easy, too easy for someone, someone not quite from Thanos' army, but someone from a much bigger enemy to slither into her mind. Although Wanda had mind powers, it was difficult for her to discern when someone entered her own mind. Wanda. The cold, indescribable voice left her weak in the knees, she stared across the battlefield to see Carol flying through the ranks, gauntlet in hand. Rain and Brooklyn were on either side of her fighting so bravely, just like their mother.

Megan? Brave? Ha, she is anything but. She's let two of her children die, she ran away from her pain when you all turned to dust. She's a coward. The voice spat venomously, "Get out of my head." Wanda struggled, she clenched her teeth and tried to reach into the depths of her own mind, trying to pull out the voice that was pinging around in her head. Why? I'm only telling you the truth... unless you're scared of the truth. "Get out of my mind before I do something that we'll both regret." Wanda spoke, her voice filled with venom.

I don't believe so, my dear. You want to hear another truth? Your team did nothing, absolutely nothing for your beloved Vision. They let him crumple to the ground and die. Wanda's eyes brimmed with tears as she kept seeing Vision's lifeless, gray body hit the ground... over and over again. Get into Megan's head. Wanda wanted to resist, but feeling the resentment in her heart for her fellow teammates as well and due to the voice being so powerful she caved. She snuck as close to Megan as she could and entered her head. Tell Megan to transport all the Avengers and other Heroes to a HYDRA base.

Wanda focused on Megan's mind, wrapping her power completely over her and leaving Megan's thoughts muddled and subdued, Transport the Avengers and Heroes to a HYDRA base. Megan stilled at the order, she felt her body weaken due to the cold yet familiar voice in her head. Wanda? Are you insane? Megan asked the Scarlet Witch and Wanda growled Do it Megan, no questions asked. Trust me. Megan swivelled around to see Wanda staring at her with powerful, glowing red eyes. Megan shook her head, her expression showing confusion.

I don't know what's gotten into you, but snap out of it. We have a battle to win. Wanda laughed deviously in Megan's head, with all her energy she sent one final command that wracked through Megan's body causing her to do nothing else but obey, SEND THE HEROES TO A HYDRA BASE, NOW! Megan's eyes flew open, they showed pure fear for what she was about to do as she started to glow and hover into the sky. Steve looked up at her, "Is she about to disintegrate the army?" He asked Tony who shrugged, "I don't know. If she can do that, why didn't she do it before?"

Both armies, heroes and aliens alike stood still as they watched the goddess with confusion. Megan thrust her hands outwards, with one final determination due to her love of her fellow heroes she managed to work around the order given to her. Eyes glowing and body seeming to be on fire she yelled in defiance and all of the Avengers except her and Wanda disappeared. Megan looked around her in horror, she flew down and she sobbed, "Oh no, oh god no, what have I done?" She realized that her powers must have somehow killed the heroes instead of just transporting them as she didn't feel any of their presence anymore.

"I... I killed my family?" Wanda's eyes widened, the voice immediately leaving her head as she looked around at the sheer emptiness of the battle field. Thanos stared at Megan horrified as if he, himself couldn't imagine even killing off his own family. "You-you're a monster." He stuttered and Megan hung her head, she couldn't even comprehend what she had just done. She had just killed... killed her whole family with her powers.

"M-Me-Megan?" Megan glared at Wanda, "FUCK OFF." She yelled, the woman was smart enough to vanish, flying away from the field as fast as she could. The burning tears in her eyes were killing her slowly, she was the one who urged Megan to kill... kill her own family. Pietro... she thought, Magda, she sobbed as she thought about losing her own child. At this point she wasn't even sure where she was going, just somewhere far away from all of the pain.

She heard a guttural cry and looked back to see millions of aliens disintegrate into nothing, it was Megan taking out her pain on those wretched aliens. Wanda watched from afar as Megan glowed brighter and sent a deadly power surge towards Thanos who coughed out blood as he landed hard on the ground. The goddess let out one single scream that pierced the air as she grabbed the gauntlet, took the stones out and closed her eyes, melting the stones to the fibres of her hand.

She looked Thanos in the eyes as he shook his head, afraid to die, "I am inevitable." Thanos coughed and Megan shook her head, "And I... have had enough pain." She snapped and Thanos turned into dust, the rest of his army as well. Megan fell unconscious and started falling, Wanda cushioned her fall and let out a sob, "I'm sorry Meg, I love you."

***

Megan's vision was blurry, but she thought she saw a black figure approach her. The woman knelt down next to her, checking Megan's temperature and hissing, "Don't worry, my child. Mommy is here."