Chapter 16 - Fourth Wall has Vanished

Megan stood silently at one end of the room, her arms crossed over her chest as she avoided talking to anyone, anyone at all. "All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket asked and Thor stepped forwards, "I'll do it."

Megan was out of it for the rest of the conversation, lost in reminiscing. The first year she had left the compound and her and Margaret were assassins was daunting, especially when she almost saw her daughter get killed.

Megan drove her sword through an alien's stomach and twisted it, pulling the sword out, "How ya' doin', Maggie?" "Not bad Mom." Margaret used her Katana to cut off an alien's head and Megan smiled widely, "That's my girl!" Margaret jumped forwards and drove her katana into another alien's head, but she hadn't seen the one behind her. The alien extracted his claws and dragged them across Margaret's stomach, she screamed loudly and Megan looked back, throwing a spear into the alien's head.

"Maggie?" "Mom." Margaret managed weakly. Megan rushed forwards and held Maggie's head in her lap and kissed her forehead, she pulled up her daughter's uniform, seeing the nasty gashes across her stomach. "I told you, you weren't ready, idiot." Maggie chuckled through her pain, "Mom, just heal me. Yell at me later." Megan pressed her hands against Margaret's stomach and closed her eyes in concentration as the wounds began to heal slowly. Margaret's head lolled back into Megan's lap as she passed out from the sheer pain.

The hours that Margaret slept had been the worst moments of Megan's life, she thought what if her daughter never opened her eyes again. After that, Megan stopped killing, whether it be aliens or HYDRA agents, she stopped killing. She settled down in a quiet place with Margaret where she was sure no trouble would approach them.

Megan snapped out of it as she looked up hearing Bruce scream, "Bruce!" She rushed forwards but Tony held her back, "Don't move him." Megan moved forwards and Bruce held her hand, "Did it work?" He asked weakly. Megan shrugged, she glanced up to see Clitn answer the phone, "Honey? Honey!" He spoke with happiness and she smiled softly, "It worked."

***

"Steve, get up man!" Steve blinked, shaking awake, "W-what happened? I feel like I've been dead for five years." Bucky laughed loudly, "I think... I think they found a way to bring us back." Steve's eyes widened and he looked over at a group of teenagers standing close together, looking at each other with wide eyes. They all looked around 16 ish, except for Peter, who was 20.

Beside them, lying on the ground were two six-year olds. A girl with black hair and startling multi colored eyes looked up, she looked exactly like Megan and Steve gasped, "Brook?" "Dad?" Brooklyn rushed over to her father, hugging him tightly. "Oh God, we saw you turn to dust, it was so awful." Steve shushed her sobbing, "I'm here now, sweetheart. Your mom did it! She brought us back." He held Brooklyn at arms length and looked over her, "You're sixteen?" Steve said, his throat parched.

"Actually, I'm seventeen, I think we all grew somehow in those five years..." Steve nodded, "Sure, purple alien dusts us away and you all grow... nothing I haven't seen before." Sam stumbled over to Steve and glanced at Brooklyn, doing a double-take, "Jesus, kid. You're hot now!" Steve firmly gripped Sam's shoulder, "I may have been dead for five years, but I can still kick your ass Wilson." Sam gulped and grinned sheepishly, "My apologies." Brooklyn rolled her eyes at her uncle and stumbled back to her group, Alex wrapping a comforting arm around her.

"Team." Steve's voice boomed across the plain that they all had woken up on, Wanda and T'Challa nearby as well. "We have to get back to the others. I have a feeling the fight isn't over yet." "Aye aye, Captain." Bucky saluted towards Steve and he shook his head.

***

"Ugh." Megan groaned, coming to after the explosion as she stared up at Tony's concerned face hovering over her. "Dad, what the fuck happened?" "You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." Megan got up and walked over to Thor who was observing the past Thanos, standing there, doing absolutely nothing. Megan growled. Tony glanced towards Thor, "What's he been doing?" "Absolutely nothing." Thor responded and Megan looked over at the God, "Where are the stones?" "Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them." "So we keep it that way." Megan spoke softly but with determination.