Chapter 32 - Reconciliation

Megan rocked her granddaughter in her arms, she stared down at the little girl's enticing blue eyes, "You have your parent's eyes, so mesmerizing, so pretty." The baby girl cooed in Megan's arms and Megan smiled, she brushed her hand on the girl's cheek and she smiled from the side that Megan had touched her. "You like that?" The girl cooed and Megan laughed, she repeated her stroking and the girl sighed, drifting to sleep. "I hurt your dad... your mom, I hurt them all. Do you think I'm a bad person?"

James had heard her mom talking and he stopped walking, leaning against the door as he eavesdropped on his mother and daughter's conversation. The baby girl frowned, her brow furrowing as if the very thought of her grandmother being a bad person upsetted her. Megan smiled, "I suppose we're all bad in some way or another... Some of us hurt others and some of us take pain ourselves. I think- I think I'm both sometimes." Megan chuckled darkly, hot tears flooded down her cheeks as she sobbed slightly.

"I wasn't always like this. I- You're great grandfather, Tony, he's my dad." James chuckled softly at Megan's overly exaggerated explanation. "He kept me happy, well mostly. I rarely saw him, but when I did, he was an amazing father and then I had to go back to that... wretched home. I'm sort of a mess." Megan looked down at the girl's sleeping features, "But I think I can pull myself back up, seeing you reminds me of when my babies were as small as you, as carefree as you, as innocent as you. I ruined them, but I won't ruin you. I'll keep you safe, no matter what and I'll love you more than anything."

Megan pressed a kiss to Meghan's forehead as she laid her down in her crib and turned around to see her son's eyes wet with tears as he rushed forwards and crushed her in a hug. "I love you." "I love you too, baby."

***

Loki sensed the tension between the whole team, between Wanda and Megan, between Steve and Tony, between them all and he knew of only one way to get them talking. It was unconventional, but it would work. All of them gathered in the debriefing room, their weekly meetings discussing Kronos. Loki slowly started to manipulate their emotions, the anger rising in all of them, multiplying until Megan slammed her hands down on the debriefing table. She was breathing heavy and she blinked, she looked at Steve who sneered at her.

"Don't think you're going in this fight alone, you might just leave me for him again." Megan growled, "Yeah? And then what are you going to do? Ignore my pain and fuck me until I can't take it anymore!" Steve laughed without any humour, and Wanda tried to step into the two, "Guys, maybe we should-" Megan cut her off, "Maybe you should stay the fuck out of this. This whole shit is your fault!" Wanda gasped harshly, her eyes glowed red, "My fault? How the fuck is this my fault?"

Megan yelled slightly, "You, you got into my head, you made me believe I killed my family, HYDRA would've never been able to take me if I wasn't so weak because of you!" Wanda laughed mercilessly, "Oh yeah? Killing your family was on your conscience, huh? What about Vision? No one helped me when Thanos killed him!" "I can bring him back, witch. But you don't care anymore, huh, you're too busy fucking Loki." Megan sneered and Wanda growled, the two women went towards each other, red meeting red. "Guys." Lila tried to intervene.

"You know what I don't get?" Edward spoke and Lila turned to look at him, "You! I don't get you. Pretending to be perfect when you're really the worst of them all." Lila scoffed, "That... that's-" "That's what? The truth?" "I told you not to hurt my girl, Edward, you didn't listen!" Clint growled as he stepped forwards. "Oh please! Don't start Clint, what about my girl, huh? Your boy was fucking her too!" Scott spoke, "My boy didn't knock her up." Clint spat back and Scott stared at him with a dangerous glint in his eyes, "What did you just say?" "You heard me, loud and clear, Lang."

"Giving you a chance to take it back, Barton." Friday's chair scraped across the floor as she turned on Megan. "Me and Shuri were fine, our relationship was... good, until you, you sick bitch, you killed her brother." Megan turned to face Friday, "This sick bitch made you and she can kill you so choose your words carefully." "How could you forgive her?" Bucky yelled loudly at Natasha and she shook her head, "Because I love her! Unlike you and Rogers!" Loki watched with wide eyes as the whole team began to fight with one another, "Well that didn't go as planned." Loki whispered to himself under his breath.