Chapter 30

Act Two, Scene Thirteen

Breakfast, Great Hall

Albus and Lucas were sitting at the Slytherin table eating their breakfasts.

Albus: Lucas, did you hear?

Lucas: What?

Albus: I got the news from Rose, Arthur became new Gryffindor Seeker for the Friendly Team! Lily also became Chaser for the first-year group!

Lucas: What about Fredericks?

Albus: Well, he apparently tried out for Chaser and got the role, as it was the only available one.

Lucas: What broom did your cousin get?

Albus: A Chrysalis 1000, the newest of that model out, well, getting, it's coming from Lewis.

Albus and Lucas continue talking and eating, and when they were least expecting it, they heard a bunch of beating wings, and an

Albus: Overload, I didn't expect it.

Lucas: Well, you should've.

Albus: I don't usually get sent newspapers at breakfast, I think something important, and bad for that matter has happened.

Lucas: Let's both read it.

Albus: Oh no, somebody broke in to Gringotts, that's bad, real bad.

After they read the article, Scorpius immediately told Albus his suspicions.

Lucas (in an undertone): Were they after, you know— The Hatchet's Soul?

Albus (mumbling in Martin's ear): I'm almost totally certain of it.

After they read the article, Albus takes the note off the owl's leg.

Albus: Lucas, there was an attack on a resident of someone in a village called Ruthglen, a murder to a bloke named Wyatt Caplan, in St. Mungo's! Wiggentree with cursed Valerian Sprigs. 'It was believed that Unspeakable, Robert Hall, was behind the attack, he will be taken in for questioning this Wednesday.'

Lucas: What?

Albus: Yeah. Lucas— look!

Lucas: What? A werewolf attacked a student?

Albus: I don't think so.

Lucas: Then?

Albus (whispering): I think the other attack was done by the werewolf in their non-werewolf form, with their group of friends, clear evidence!

Lucas: That's believable. Your other claim was off he wall.

Albus: Well, let's look at the parcel.

They open the parcel, and Albus finds a book, not just any book, a book titled, no doubt to get reads titled, 'Erika's Euphoric Gossip'.

Albus: What's this rubbish?

Lucas: Let's read the back.

Albus (in an undertone): Well, you guys have waited long enough, in this book, we are going explore many unknown facts about others, so tuck in, and get some popcorn. This book will go over drama, serious stuff, and last but not least, the juicy gossip and rumors. Brought to you by Rita Skeeter's (my) successor, Erika Rath, and Joseph Macnair.

Lucas: What? Look at this!

Albus: Oh my goodness! Do they really think people are that gullible?

Lucas: You know she's trying to—

Albus: Get some reads, and sneakily putting Aunt Hermione in there, obviously a frame-up and do-over of 'Harry Potter's Secret Heartache'

Lucas: Well, Rose is already really irritated, we don't want a furious Rose around here. Let's go investigate.