Chapter 14

Act One, Scene Fourteen (Filler)

(A/N: Just a quick tell that this chapter won't actually have relevance to the Conical Crypt nor the dorms mentioned in previous chapters. It'll just be a quidditch match until I decide what exactly to do with it.)

Quidditch Match

Albus and Lucas were in the changing room, listening to the Slytherin captain, Grant Ezra, give his speech and talk about formation. 

Ezra: Chasers, firstly and most obviously. Two on the sides and one in the front. One beater circulates around them. The seeker plays their game until both teams have at least 50 points. The other beater guards the seeker.

Albus: I don't need someone latching onto me. I can fly myself, I'm quick enough, and I can think on my feet. 

Ezra: Albus, if you're hurt or injured, we don't have a reserve for you. Whatever plan you create, Gryffindor would be faster. Especially since your brother is—

Albus had forgotten. James was the seeker for the Gryffindor team, and he was basically born to play seeker, as well as having a Firebolt Supreme II, the newest model of the legendary racing broom, which came out  a year before Albus' first. He couldn't see how he'd catch the snitch against his brother. It wasn't like he had the choice to play chaser, either. Slytherin house was bent on making him a redemption chip for their house, and Harry Potter's son couldn't be caught dead playing chaser, especially the one which was his carbon copy.

Albus: James' friend, Evan Coote, is Gryffindor beater. He's a beast to anyone playing against him, especially Slytherins.

Ezra nods. The whistle blows from afar. 

Ezra: Tine to roll, then. 

They got through the changing room, into the underside of the bleachers and wait until the Slytherin team is called. 

Preston Topaz: Gryffindor! Crenshaw, Coote, Darrell, Mason, Moore, Potter, and Wood! 

Albus peeks through the curtains and sees his brother, hovering in the middle of the Gryffindor formation, the three chasers, Crenshaw, Mason, and Moore stationed behind him, with Coote and Darrell flanking the chasers to the left and right, along with Wood being at the goalposts.

Preston Topaz (in a voice like stone against steel, with a sheen of cold): Slytherin! Ezra, Flint, Haggot, Keen, Lancelot, Potter, and Remelson! 

After the names are called, Albus flies up and hovers in front of the James, glaring him down. Quidditch was the one place where their truce wasn't a rule, and they would take full advantage.

Topaz: And the game is about to begin! 

Madam Jordan, from the ground, throws the balls up. Then she flies up herself. She blows the whistle and the game begins. 

Albus took off for the snitch which would make the keeper freeze first, while James flew in pursuit of the snitch which would make the goals bigger. Albus had a strategy: Watch and fly. Wherever the game was, Albus would go after that snitch exactly.

Topaz: Slytherin with the Quaffle— Flint passes to Remelson! Gryffindor beaters are trying to get the quaffle to their side of the pitch, which isn't going well at the moment. Slytherin is up 75-30.

Halfway through the game, the snitch which gave a timeout was released, along with three decoys. Seconds later, James zoomed after the one second closest to the right. Albus, however, wasn't going for the snitch. Not until his team was in a critical position. 

Topaz: James Potter flies off after one of the snitches! It seems that Albus still doesn't want to go after it!

The real snitch was out twenty minutes later. The golden ball was worth 55 points. The snitch which granted timeouts was still out. Albus followed James. He wasn't going to fork out until James was nearly at the jackpot. 

However, it seemed that James was above Albus' strategy. If he was going to execute his strategy now, it was likely that Slytherin was going to lose, and Albus would be widely hated for the tenth time ever. So Albus accelerated. It seemed that James was already above the game. When Albus was right in front of the snitch, he saw an arm reach out from underneath him, stealing the ball from the air.

Topaz: Gryffindor wins the match!