Chapter 3

Act One, Scene Three

The Sorting 

After they made their way across the lake on the boats, where Albus and Rose sat with Lamia and a girl named Ansley Remingler, the gamekeeper handed the over to the headmistress, a woman with brunette hair that was presumably in her late 40's, named Professor Lewis they got led up many flights of stairs, until they reach one with bronze double doors. 

Professor Lewis: Now, when you walk through these doors, you will be sorted into your houses, they are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and, Slytherin, now while you're here, your house will be like your family, triumphs will earn you points, any rule-breaking will lose you points, now that the warning is given, I need to check if everything is order, I'll come back when we're ready for you. 

The teacher leaves the landing to go check if everything was ready, and the boy behind Albus pipes up. 

Mysterious Boy: Albus Potter! He's in our year everyone! And he looks just like him!

Mysterious Boy II: Albus, there's no point in being friends with (throws Lucas a dirty look) him. You won't be a Slytherin anyway. You'll be a Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart. 

Mysterious Boy I: He'll be in Slytherin, just wait and watch.

Professor Lewis: We're ready for you now. 

She led them into the hall, which truly was majestic, candles were hanging from the ceiling without string, well, candles were hanging from the star-filled sky, which got a lot of admiration, and he heard Rose say to someone.

Rose: It's not real, the ceiling, it just bewitched, I read about it in A Modern History of Hogwarts.

Then after a bit more walking, everyone was asked to get into a line, Albus just managed to get a glimpse of the midnight-blue hat of Dumbledore. Just, then, the hat started singing.

Sorting Hat: I've done this job for two decades, on every students head I've sat, of thoughts , I take inventories, I've never yet been wrong, maybe you'll be in Gryffindor, if you're brave and daring, or let's say in Hufflepuff if you value fair play, or perhaps in Ravenclaw, if you're witty and wise, can think outside the box, or Slytherin, where the determined and driven go, your cunning will be tested if that's where you go.

The whole hall burst into thunderous applause.

Neville: Apex, Michael!

Sorting Hat: Gryffindor!

Neville: Baddock, Martin! 

Sorting Hat: Slytherin!

Neville: Caldwell, Amelia! 

Sorting Hat: Hufflepuff

Neville: Feldman, Sebastian!

Sorting Hat: Slytherin!

Neville: Fredericks, Yann! 

Sorting Hat: Gryffindor!

Yann Fredericks walked enthusiastically to the Gryffindor table. 

Neville: Granger-Weasley, Lauren!

Sorting Hat: Gryffindor!

Rose practically jumped of the stool and went to sit next to a girl, Polly Chapman. 

The names droned on.....Higgs, Brody... Slytherin, Kent, Lia... Ravenclaw.... Longbottom, Frank... Gryffindor!  

Neville: Malfoy, Scorpius!

Sorting Hat: Slytherin!

Malfoy walks toward the Slytherin table, looking at ease. He takes a seat at the opposite end of the table from everyone else. Over the course of the train ride, Albus and Scorpius had become friends.

Sorting Hat: Mason, Lamia! 

The girl Albus sat with on the train went up to the stool nervously.

Sorting Hat: Hufflepuff!

Neville: Potter, Albus! 

The whole great hall fell silent as Albus walked up to the stool, he sits down, then the hat instantly starts talking to him.

Sorting Hat: Hmm.. let's see here... While you are loyal, you would be no fit for Hufflepuff. You are too irrational and impulsive for Ravenclaw. That leaves the only choices Slytherin and Gryffindor.

Albus (thinking desperately and gripping the stool): Anything but Slytherin.

Sorting Hat: Let's take a deeper look, shall we? You certainly have courage. But what's this? A thirst to prove yourself? I can sense ambition, guile, and determination. Yes, Mister Potter. You could be your father in Slytherin... yes. I can see it clear as day. So, without further ado...

Sorting Hat: Slytherin! 

The whole hall on both sides fell silent, a few minutes later, the applause started from his cousins, then Frank started clapping, the Slytherin Head Boys and Girls, prefects, then a few first and a few shocked first and second-years clapping as well, and the rest of the people whispering to their friends, and Albus hastily flops down next to Scorpius grimly. 

Scorpius Malfoy: Slytherin isn't bad. Remember that. 

Albus: I... guess so.

Just then, the next name was called. 

Sorting Hat: Remingler, Ansley! 

Albus recognized her. She was one of the girls who sat in his and Rose's boat on the way across the lake. She was as sociable and chatty as Albus' cousin and had dark brown hair that was a little longer than shoulder length. 

Sorting Hat: Gryffindor!

Then the names started again, Melling, Jayda... Ravenclaw...Quinn, Chantal... Gryffindor... Rosier, Gemma... Slytherin... Render, Atlas... Gryffindor... Sawyer, Blake... Hufflepuff... Watson, Marcus... Gryffindor... Zabini, Alisa... Slytherin! When the names stopped, everyone clapped for  the sorted, and the feast began,