Chapter 29

Act Two, Scene Twelve 

Albus is sitting on his bed, alone in his dormitory. Rose had made him finish all his homework as a distraction. He still couldn't believe Scorpius left for the enemy. Albus sighed. The rumors were true after all.

Familiar voice (whispering): Albus. Albus.

The voice was of the person he disliked most as of now. Scorpius was at the footboard of Albus' bed, fist clenched as if holding something and looking extremely nervous.

Scorpius: Here. Albus. Take this. It's crucial.

Albus: Crucial for your regime or darkness? 

Scorpius: It's hard to explain. I already duplicated it. The duplicate is a fake. This is the real deal. 

Albus: It's... a nail. One of those things you use to stick photos to walls. I doubt it's important. You can leave now.

Scorpius: Don't doubt it by its appearance. It's just cover. It's an integral part of their big plan. Don't lose it. 

Albus: Take this trick back and go, Scorpius. I don't need this nail. 

Scorpius: You will be happy you have it later this year. Or mid-next year. 

With those words, Scorpius made a hole in the wall and exited. At least the old Scorpius was back. The one who always was willing to help Albus. Surprisingly, Rose missed the old Scorpius more than anyone. Albus had seen a few small tears roll down from her eyes every time he was mentioned. 

Albus (upon reaching reaching Rose's table in the library): Rose. Scorpius gave me this. Said it was integral.

Rose: This new Scorpius seems to like tricking us. I... miss the old Scorpius. No matter who irate I used to act towards him, I actually really liked him. I'd give anything break a[art this new Scorpius bit by bit until my friend comes back. Sure, we bickered. But it was playful.