9: Finally September

Draeka POV

The next few weeks were more eventful than I thought was possible, but they flew by fast. 

After the dinner, Albert and Lilian surprised me with a beautiful black owl with shiny yellow eyes. It was pretty ruthless to Albert when he tried to take him out of his cage, but he immediately obeyed my command when I hypnotizingly ran my pinky finger down his head and back, praising him for his warrior-like eyes and obedience. We named him Francesco. I always thought that name was really cool, so shut up.

Also, I started writing to Pansy, Blaise, and Theo, who were all as anxious as I was to meet again at Hogwarts.

 We finally finished all of my Hogwarts shopping, where we ran into the Weasleys a few times. They all looked ridiculously similar to the people who act their parts in the movie, just with more freckles. Mrs. Weasley is absolutely amazing, and I'm surprised that she actually likes me pretty well. Mr. Weasley, on the other hand, is absolutely fascinated with me, and constantly asks me about Muggle contraptions after seeing my muggle clothing. I tried my best to tell him about things that already existed in 1991, but I was constantly silenced when I kept on slipping things about smartphones and stuff like that.

We also toured London so that I could get used to all the British stuff. Albert and Lilian suggested that I find a sport to play since I can't exactly surf or play basketball in Hogwarts. Maybe Quidditch will be cool. Later, I found that I was a freaking pro at ice skating and roller skating if I do say so myself. 

By the end of the month, my room was absolutely packed with things and now I had to pack it all into my Hogwarts trunk.

Finally, it was the morning of the first of September. I grabbed my bags and we drove to the King's Cross Station, but not before going to get some ice cream. We arrived at platform 9 and three-quarters where Albert and Lilian kissed me goodbye and made me promise to write, just like any other parents would. "Write at least twice a week, got it?" I nodded. 

 I confidently jumped into the Hogwarts Express, ready for anything that came at me. I decided to look for Pansy, but that got me nowhere. Then, I looked for the Weasleys and also failed pathetically. Welp. This is going to be a long ride.

********************************

Regular POV

Draeka walked down the long corridors of the Hogwarts express. She had been walking around for like, what 20 minutes? And she still hadn't found a place to sit. Then, she passed a kid who she immediately recognized as Neville Longbottom.

"Trevoooooooooor!!" he yelled looking around frantically, looking very distressed. "Have you seen my toad, Trevor?" he asked her, his eyes glossed over. Draeka immediately felt pity for him and smiled.

"Hey dude, the name's Draeka, Draeka Malfea, but you can call me Drae. Aaaaand, nope sorry, I haven't seen Trevor, but I can keep an eye out if you like," she said holding her hand out. He stared at her reluctantly before taking her hand and shaking it.

"Hi, I'm Neville Longbottom," he smiled, before raising his eyebrows at her. "Wait, you aren't from here, are you? Draeka blinked and then remembered her lack of Britishness.

"Uhh, nope! I'm from the beaches of California. I lived in an orphanage if we're being honest...but still. Also, I was raised the muggle way, but my parents were wizards," Neville's eyes widened and he looked down at his feet.

"Oh, I..erm...I'm sorry about your parents, D-drrae... but wow, California? It must be amazing there, huh?" he rambled. Draeka couldn't help but smile. This kid was literally so adorable. She quickly made a mental note to protect him at all costs and Avada anyone who hurt him.

"It's ok Neville, I never knew my parents much, but yes, California is quite amazing. I have many stories from my home if you would like to hear. After we find Trevor, of course!" Draeka said, remembering what the boy was so distressed about only moments before. Neville smiled but then quickly his face melted again into its horrified expression.

"TREVOOOORRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! I completely forgot! Can you help me? Please?" he pleaded. Draeka chuckled with a sparkle in her eye. 

She was amazing at tracking things and many people around her neighborhood had even asked her to find their lost pets, which she always found. For a fee of course. 

 She looked for clues and immediately knew exactly where that toad was, then took him straight to Trevor. Neville clapped his hands with glee and picked up his problematic amphibian.

"Oh, Trevor! I thought I had lost you!" he turned to Draeka surprised her with a big hug. Then he quickly pulled away, blushing profusely. "Sorry, that wasn't very appropriate, was it? My gran would not approve! Anyways, we should probably go tell the others that we found Trevor..."

Draeka laughed so hard that it hurt. "Oh Neville, we are going to be good friends, huh? Yes, let's go tell the others. Then, maybe you can introduce me to....your friends, or someone? I couldn't find any of my friends, sooooooo..." He nodded in relief when she ruffled his hair playfully. After Neville informed everyone about his toad, he led her to his friend's cabin.

On the way, Neville suddenly turned to her and said, "Wait.....your name suddenly sounds VERY familiar......" he said, narrowing his eyes at her. "You said your surname was...Mal...Malfie? Malfea? Malfoy?"

He suddenly realized why her name sounded so familiar. 

"Ohhhh, Malfoy! You must be related to the Malfoys, right? Are you Draco Malfoy's cousin?" Neville asked her. Then, the color drained from his face and he backed away from her in horror. The Malfoys were scary, and very....dark after all. Draeka noticed his sudden fear and realized what he had just asked her. UGGGHHHHHH, she thought as she cringed at the thought of everyone asking her that same question. The MalfOYs were a very well-known pureblooded, rich family.

"NOOOnononoNOOnonnOnonoNnOnonnono! NEviLle, it's me, bro, and it's Mal-FAE, not Malfoy.... oooorrrr whatever you said..... and uhhh, I don't know who these people are, but they sound like real bullies, huh?" she said with slight nervousness which was covered by a bit of fake irritation that was half real. 

She was an American muggle, so it would be weird if she knew who they were, right? She couldn't give herself away. She wasn't supposed to know who anyone was. Hah! Jokes on her! She knew who practically EVERYONE was!!!!!!!!!! Lordy.

Neville's tensed shoulders fell as he let out a sigh of relief and nodded, opening the cabin door.

"Guys we found him! Also, this is Draeka Malfea!" 

"Sup guys."