8: Spoiled Brat Allies

Draeka POV

I quickly changed into my nicest robes and dutch braided my hair. It was 6 PM and we were going to a fancy dinner party with some of Lilian and Albert's friends and colleagues. They said that there would probably be a few kids my age. I'm kinda excited about that, but I'm also dreading it quite a bit. Kids your own age can mean one of two things. New friends, or new enemies. Also, they will probably all be rich and spoiled. Sigh. Anyways, we are apparating there because of some floo network difficulties or something.

"Ready?" they asked, holding on tight to me. I nodded, prepared for mischief because why not. And also prepared to stuff my face with rich people's food. A whoosh of colors surrounded us as our feet were lifted from the ground.

We landed at a huge estate that looked pretty warm and welcoming. A man, probably a butler, came and escorted us to a huge dining room.

"Lilian, Albert, we are so glad you could join us," a woman said, welcoming us.

"Hello, Mrs. Parkinson! Thank you for having us, this is Draeka by the way," Albert said nodding at me. I shook her hand. She was weirdly cold and warm at the same time.

"Hello Draeka, it is very nice to meet you, I heard you were starting your first year at Hogwarts in September," she said. I nodded. "Yes, I am looking forward to it. I have a funny feeling that it will be a very interesting year," I said, sort of smirking a little bit. Funny feeling? Hah. She smiled, not really knowing what to say.

"Oh! I need to introduce you to someone," she said looking back into the group of people.

"Pansy! Pansy, come now, dear!" she said gesturing for a girl that looked about my age...(*eye roll*, heeeeeere we go) to come over to us. This is Pansy Parkingson? I wondered looking at the girl in front of me. Are you sure.....she doesn't look very much like she did in the movie. She wasn't ugly like I thought, just a polished-up rich kid. Lilian read my confused look and she patted my arm. Later.

"This is my daughter Pansy, she will be starting her first year at Hogwarts as well. Pansy, this is Draeka, why don't you take her to your friends?" she told her in a stern but kind voice. Pansy smiled and nodded. She walked away and I just decided to follow. I couldn't help but be a little suspicious. Was she....nice?

We walked into another big room where we met a few other kids who also looked our age. "Guys! We have a new girl," Pansy said, giving me a super fake smile. I gave a fake smile in return. They turned to me and waved. One kid stood up and introduced himself.

"Hello, my name is Blaise Zabini, this is my friend Theodor Nott, it is nice to meet you," he said, giving a smirky smile, and kissed my hand.  I smiled and wiped my hand on my robe in disgust, very suspiciously, and prepared myself for any tricks.

"Sup dude... my name is Draeka, Draeka Malfea," I said crossing my arms. The three raised their eyebrows at the sound of my name.

 "Interesting... how do you think Draco would react to that?" Theodor asked his friends. I rolled my eyes. Where was he? I think I saw his parents in the dining room. "Too bad he's at home, something about a sunburn," Blaise said standing up.

Sunburn? Drama Queen. I guess I can avoid his ferret highness for a little bit longer.

"Let's go out to the gardens, shall we?" Pansy said, exchanging suspicious looks with the boys, who returned it. I shrugged. We walked out, and suddenly, I felt a foot trip mine, and I found myself falling to the ground. Nah man, I wasn't about to fall in front of them. I quickly tucked my head and rolled, jumping up and turning to see Blaise and Theodor looking dazed.