6 pt.2: Welcome to London (And Diagon Alley)

We walked down Diagon Alley, looking around, but I couldn't help thinking about my parents. Finally, I decided to ask Lilian about my parents. The subject seemed to make her a little bit sensitive, but I know she wouldn't hold it back from me, they were my parents.

"Sooo.......I look a lot like my mom, huh? You knew them, so did Janette I'm guessing...right?" I asked. It seemed to catch her by surprise, but her eyes immediately softened when I frowned.

"Yes, we knew your parents," she said.

"How much does she know?" I asked her curiously.

"Janette? Well, she knows that you were born in the United States (in 1980) shortly before your parents' disappearance and that Albert and I recently found out about your existence and went to adopt you."

My face fell a little bit. I kinda wished I could have Janette talk to about that, but I guess not. This whole 'plan it out yourself' thing seems a bit cruel, don't you think? Like, couldn't that wizard prophet guy make things more clear instead of his little riddle charade? Ugh, my head is hurting just thinking about it.

"Also, you really, really do," Lilian said. I gave her a confused look which she started laughing at. I raised my eyebrow.

"Sorry, sorry...pfffffffff AHAHAHAHA!" she continued laughing clutching her stomach and making me very confused and horrified after seeing an alarming amount of people look at us weird. "Ok! ok...*inhale*....*exhale*.....I'm done. And I meant, yes, you look exactly like your parents. But that look that you gave me.... the one that made me laugh so much....it came straight from your father. The look you gave me when you were confused and surprised, I mean- you raised one eyebrow and furrowed the other one in a super funny way and your cheeks perk up just a little bit. Also, your mouth opens slightly while you sort of...purse your lips. There isn't really a good way to describe it, that is how I know it was the same one he made again and again all of those years ago."

Lilian perked up suddenly. "Would you like to see a picture?" she asked me. A picture? Of my parents? Yes! I nodded a little desperately. I have always dreamed of what my parents could look like, and wondered where the heck I get my freaky features. Lilian muttered some words and waved her wand before a piece of paper appeared in my hands.

Woah. I looked at the paper to see two people in quidditch robes, holding each other on a broom. The girl...my mother...was beautiful. She had pale skin and snowy hair and was smiling brightly, making her icy eyes twinkle. The guy was unmistakably my father. It was pretty hard to miss the silky array of different colored locks of hair whose waves danced in the wind that also revealed his raven black eyes.

A stubborn tear escaped my eye as I stared at the photograph wistfully. Wouldn't it be so wonderful to have them? They looked so happy in each other's arms, and I could almost feel them wrapping around me too.

Lilian POV

I watched her stared down at the picture. She looked so shocked and relieved, almost like she didn't believe she would ever know why she looked the way she did. I couldn't help notice how perfect of a mix of her parents she was.

Her beautiful, strong figure that she held so confidently was her mother's. Tall, long limbs, long neck, big head, sharp jawline and cheekbones....not to mention her big feet that stomped and strided along gracefully and her long wiry fingers that were always fanned out like she was shooting water from them or something...like a ballerina almost.

Despite her amazing resemblance with her mother, she wore her father's features quite vividly. Draeka's graphitey coal-like eye that had golden sparks of fire in them stood out so violently, and her confusing colored locks of hair exploded out of her ponytail like threads of silk in the wind. Her father was also responsible for her sharp eyebrows, long lashes, fair nose, and slightly cleft chin.

She was so perfect that even I, a grown woman, longed for such beauty. I feel so sad to see the way she only pays attention to that blasted scar on the edge of her temple (but even that makes her look stronger). She wears it like a prize, like something she is proud of, but that is only because she hates it in every way and is determined to hide her only weakness.

My gaze was abruptly interrupted when two red-headed boys slammed into Draeka, (to my utmost horror) making them all fall to the ground.