20 | Happy Birthday

Today is my eighteenth birthday. I woke up from my slumber at 8:00am and searched my nightstand for my phone. I finally reached it and saw the notifications from my friends. I skimmed through all of them until I was met with the one that truly mattered most to me, Louis Partridge.

lou 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

lou 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨
hi mads
i love you
eighteen years! & i loved u for ten of that!!!
so crazy!!
you're the most perfect, angel being in the world 👼😚
i can't wait to see your perfect face
happy birthday, love ❤️

mads 💫
can't wait 💘
i love you ☺️

I got up from bed and walked downstairs to the amazing smell of blueberry pancakes. Syrup, batter, and the sound of music filled the house.

"Happy birthday sweetie" my mom said as I walked into the kitchen and placed a pancake onto my plate.

"Thanks mom, where's dad?" I started eating my pancake waiting for a response.

"He's at the store, he'll be back" why did she have to reassure me that he'll be back? Why wouldn't he be back? Would he just leave on my birthday like that?

"Oh, okay" I said getting up from my seat at the kitchen table and placing my dishes into the sink. I kissed my mom's cheek and ran back upstairs into the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, did my hair, and put on some light makeup. I walked to my room and scoured my closet for something cute for today. I decided to go with a short black dress, a cropped white cardigan, and black knee high boots.

I sauntered over to my dresser, placing the necklace louis got me on my neck. Everytime I look at it I can't believe that I have someone as perfect as him. Like this is just too good to be true. Something has to go down because not everything is this perfect for this long. I threw away the negative thoughts and walked to my car.

Today felt good, light, airy. Paris always felt amazing, but today it felt even better. Like the birds were singing and the sun shined a bit brighter just for me. I turned up the volume of my music as I sang the chorus to 18 by One Direction. Louis and I fell in love when we were seven, but I think this song still applies to us.

I made it to the Partridge home and I waltzed over to the front door ringing the doorbell. Almost immediately the door was swung open. Millie, Issie, and Louis looked exasperated as they tried to fight over who could get to the door first. Issie and Millie wrapped me in a hug as they told me "Happy birthday." I couldn't help but laugh when I saw Louis trying to rip them off of me.

Finally, he successfully made his way to me enveloping me into a warm hug. He kissed my forehead and I felt the electricity go through my body. It's the little things, y'know. "Happy birthday, love" he whispered in my ear and I almost melted onto the floor. I held his hand as I dragged him into the living room with the girls.

"So, what now?" I asked looking around my favorite faces.

"Ah! I have it all planned out. First, we go to your favorite cafe, Café de Flore. Then, we go to Des Gâteaux et du Pain to buy a birthday cake. Once we pick it up, we can eat it at Tuileries Garden. Don't think I forgot movies. I renewed my Netflix subscription so we can watch your faves, Lady Bird and Someone Great" Issie said as she read her itinerary for today in her blue notebook I got her last year for her birthday.

"Wow, Iss. When did you plan that?" I was genuinely curious.

"I planned it like ten minutes ago" Wow, okay. So yeah, she is planning all of my birthdays for the rest of my life.

We all walked to Louis's car with me in the passengers seat, Louis in the drivers seat, and the two girls in the backseat. I turned on the radio, blasting "Wild Heart" by The Bleachers.
We all sang the lyrics as I rolled down the window. My hair whooshed in the air and it felt like a movie.

We did exactly what Issie planned and when we got back home, we hopped on the couch to watch my favorite movies. As we watched Lady Bird, I tried my hardest not to drool over Timothée Chalamet as Kyle. Issie and Millie were only centimeters away from the TV as they watched the "good girl" scene. Louis sat with his arm around my body and my head layed on his chest. When a scene with Timothée would come up, Louis would hold me tighter and kiss me more. It's funny seeing him jealous over someone that I'll never meet.

The movie was over and Louis dragged me upstairs to his room for a short intermission before the next movie. I was standing in his room as he grabbed something from a high shelf. It was a tiny black box. "I got you a present" he said walking over to me as I stood in the center of the room.

"You really didn't have to" he held the box out for me to take and usually when it's a small box it means something expensive and I don't want him wasting his money on me.

"I wanted to. Just open it" He said as I took the box and gently pulled the top off.

It was a charm of a small moon. It was beautiful. "It's a charm for your necklace. It's just that, your necklace has a small star and I was thinking that maybe this could mean us? The stars and the moon" He looked at me with a nervous look on his face. I can't believe he thought of this. How does he get even more perfect everyday?

"It's perfect, I love it. Thank you" I stood on my tippy toes as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He held onto the small of my back and I never wanted to let go. I leaned into a kiss and his soft lips touched mine. My hands moved to both sides of his cheeks and I wished that this moment could last forever.

"Issie wants to know if you guys want more pop- ooooh gosh" Millie's head popped into the doorframe and quickly popped back out into the hallway. We detached our lips and shared a small laugh. My cheeks turned a bright pink out of embarrassment.

"We'll get back to this, yeah?" He asked as he kissed my forehead. He took hold of my hand and led us out of his bedroom and down the stairs to the living room. Teen love, what a wondrous thing.

A few hours later, it was time for me to go back home. I slipped on my shoes and purse making my way to the front door. Issie and Millie hugged me goodbye and wished me a "Happy birthday." Louis stood behind them and when they finally left he wrapped me up in his arms planting small kisses on my face.

"Stop, that tickles" I said as I laughed. He let go and held onto my hands. I stared into his brown orbs admiring the twinkle in his eyes. When he looked at me, it was something I never felt before with anyone else. There's a reason why I never dated anyone before him. I was waiting for the perfect one. And it's him.

"Goodnight, Lou" I said letting go of his hand and opening the white wooden door separating us from the outside.

"Goodnight, love"

A/N
hello lovelies!!!!
i'm updating so frequently
omg wow, who is she?
anyways, i hope you guys liked this chapter
i love u, ty for 1k+ readers and ahh
just ty ty ty (did not proofread, sorry if there are mistakes lol)
- x, sofia