Chapter 11

MAL
People greeted me as I walked down the halls of Auradon Prep, only a week away from becoming a mother. Ben insisted that I stay on bed rest but I assured him that nothing would go wrong.

"So...will auntie Evie get to know the name...or even the gender of her niece or nephew?" Evie asked, trying to sweet talk me.

"No. Like every other person in Auradon, auntie Evie will find out the day he or she is born." I replied, showing her that I wasn't as stupid as she made me out to be.

"C'mon Mal! You've told me everything since we were kids! It's unfair that you start keeping secrets now!" Evie protested as much as she could as I sat down at my desk inside my office.

"E. Ben and I have been talking. Belle and Beast didn't reveal the name or the gender of their baby until Ben was born. We both agreed that it would be kept a tradition." I stopped her from talking.

"Uh, Queen Mal?" A student asked as they walked through the door.

"Yes Ruby?" I asked, ushering Evie to stay quiet.

"I have a question about our History essay?" I gave Evie the look, causing her to leave abruptly. I helped Ruby as I felt a slight pain in my stomach.

"Queen Mal? Are you alright? Do I need to alert King Ben?" Ruby was extremely worried.

"No...no. I'm ok. Just uncomfortable. These chairs are really uncomfortable." I lied. I wouldn't want to confirm Ben's worries by telling him that I was experiencing stomach pains.

Ruby left the room, seeming a little less worried that she had previously been.

As I marked some papers, I heard two unlikely paired voices down the hall.

"Harry? Audrey?" I asked. They had been hanging out since the day the barrier was broken. I always saw them hanging out in the garden, but it wasn't until I saw them kiss, that my suspicions were confirmed.

"I don't think Uma will be happy to hear about this..." I joked as I stood up, my hand resting on my huge stomach. Audrey and Harry froze as the glared at me.

"What Uma doesn't know won't hurt her..." Harry said, seeming serious.

"I'm guessing you have some explaining to do?" I asked before Harry kissed Audrey's cheek.

"Ben suspects, but hasn't proved it." Audrey knew what I was about to ask.

For the next hour, Audrey sat opposite me as she explained how and why her and Harry got together.

"Harry is adventurous and I'm trying to be more like him. He's brought the best of my personality to light...and that's why I love him." Audrey confessed.

"Unlike Ben, Harry challenges me and tries to open me up to new possibilities..." Audrey seemed genuinely happy.

"I'm guessing by Harry's comment earlier that Uma doesn't have a clue about any of this?" Audrey nodded.

"If she found out, I'd rather not be turned into fish food." Audrey slightly smiled.

As Audrey smiled at me, another wave of pain washed over my body.

"Woah! Mal...are you ok?" Audrey got up, rushing over to me.

"I'm fine Audrey...there is nothing to worry-" I barely got through the sentence without wincing in pain.

"You are definitely not fine!" Audrey stood me up before calling out for help. Evie came to my rescue and got me wheeled into the medical portion of Auradon Prep.

BEN
Helping teach kids the Tourney game was certainly very difficult. At least one boy got hurt and one got into a fight. Harry and Gil helped me keep some of the kids in line by scaring them half to death.

Harry and Gil sat on the bleachers, since it was our break during training. As I took a sip of my water, a very concerned Audrey rushed out to me. She could barely talk as she caught her breath.

"Ben! Mal...medical centre...baby..." Audrey spoke, nearly about to pass out. Harry held her as I rushed to the medical centre, seeing Mal in pain.

"What's going on? She's not due for another week!" I began to panic.

"It seems as if your prince or princess is ready to make their royal entrance." The doctor laughed as Mal screamed.

MAL
After hours of pain and screaming, it was finally over. My little baby was carried off to be cleaned as I rested on the bed, finally pain-free. Evie brought the baby back, now knowing what gender the baby was. She handed the baby to me as Ben kissed my forehead.

"I have the perfect name..." I spoke as Ben and I looked down at our beautiful newborn baby.