Chapter 9

MAL
Today, history would forever change. Today, Auradon and the Isle would finally unite. Everyone was excited, especially Evie and Uma.

Celia and Dizzy offered to give parents, kids and families from Auradon, tours of the Isle.

Jane and Doug offered to give kids, families and parents from the Isle, tours of Auradon.

Every child from the Isle would be allowed to attend Auradon Prep and a new building for younger kids will be built. Audrey offered to assist Evie in teaching the 'goodness' class that Fairy Godmother once taught. Harry and Gil requested to be part of the Tourney Team, seeing it as a good competitive sport.
———
It had been a few days since Audrey was saved by my father.

I had been getting ready for over an hour. My sickness wasn't getting better, but it wasn't getting worse.

Ben had been visiting me, constantly asking about the baby as I put my hair in a nice style and put some makeup on. Evie had designed my dress in my signature purple colour.

As Ben and I arrived at the edge of Auradon, people started to gather around, Evie, Carlos and Jay stood out the front.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today." Ben stood besides me as people cheered.

"I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my queen. So...raise your glasses. To our future queen of Auradon." Ben smiled as everyone continued cheering.

"Speech, your Specialness." Carlos acted like a prince.

"Speech, Oh, Fancy One. " Jay added as everyone including me laughed.

"I can't be queen of Auradon. I can't turn my back on the Isle. I've learned that you can't live in fear, because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades...my father-" Everyone gasped at my revelation.

"-Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. And that's why I can't be queen of just Auradon. I have to be queen of the Isle, too, and it's time that we take the barrier down forever." I announced, watching as Evie smiled at me.

"I choose to be a king who moves forward. It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down." Ben added, smiling as his right arm wrapped around my stomach.

"Yes!" Carlos exclaimed, everyone laughing at his sudden outburst. "Bring it down, Mal." Ben turned towards me as I kissed him slightly.

I signalled to Jay, Carlos and Evie, watching as they made their way up to the balcony while Fairy Godmother handed me the wand. They stood besides me while Ben stood behind me, his left hand on my shoulder, smiling.

"To make the world a better place...we have to do it face to face." Evie, Jay, Carlos and I spoke as we held hands. I pointed the wand towards the barrier, a golden light shining from it as the barrier disappeared. The road that connected Auradon and the Isle reappeared.

We watched as people from the Isle nervously made their way over to Auradon. As they passed me, I saw my father.

"Dad!" I gave him a big hug as Ben followed nervously behind me.

"Am I invited to the wedding?" He asked, smiling. Ben was about to say something, but my father stopped him.

"I'm sure you two will be very happy together." He spoke as I hugged him once more. Ben moved to the side, smiling.

"Welcome to Auradon, Hades..." Ben said with confidence. I held my fathers hand as Ben walked besides me. We made it to the front of Auradon Prep.

"Excuse me everyone. Lady Mal and I have a few things to let you know about." Ben calmed everyone, eventually hearing silence.

Hades stood in front, just watching me.

"So. King Ben and I have come up with a few details about our new future. First, my dearest VK's Celia and Dizzy have offered to give any residents of Auradon, free tours around the Isle. My dearest Auradon friends Doug and Jane have also offered to give any residents of the Isle, free tours around Auradon. Every child from the Isle would be allowed to attend Auradon Prep and a new school will be built for those children under the age of 14." I announced, making many people happy.

"Now. All of the kids aged 18 and younger, please follow me to the Tourney Field and all other people follow Ben to the garden behind the school." I spoke, beginning to walk.

After 5 minutes, I explained everything that the kids needed to know about school and how it all works. Once the day was over, I reunited with Ben before we turned in for the night.