Chapter 6

JANE
"Someone help! Please!" I screamed with all my might. Being barely able to lift Mal off the floor as she struggled to stand, I heard footsteps crush the leaves around the lake.

"Jane? JANE!" Carlos said as soon as he saw me.

"Oh my gosh! Mal!" He grabbed the limp side of Mal as we got her to Ben's study.

"What happened to her!" Carlos asked as we reached the palace.

"I heard Audrey's voice and then I saw a pink light and then I heard a splash. I then saw Mal struggling to get out of the lake." I explained.

"We need to get her help...quickly..." Carlos panicked a bit while I managed to get Mal inside Ben's study.

"Why is Ben not here?" Carlos searched the study.

"You stay here, I'll go look for Ben!" I spoke as I left Carlos to take care of Mal.

Running around the school, students confused as to why I looked so panicked, I found Belle and Beast.

"Belle! I need your help! Do you know where Ben is?" I asked, slightly out of breath.

"Sorry Jane. What's the matter?" She sweetly asked.

"It's Mal. Audrey attacked her." The news broke Belle and Beast.

"Where is she now?" Beast asked.

"She's at Ben's study with Carlos. She lost a lot of blood." I quickly finished my sentence before letting myself run off to keep finding Ben.

"BEN! BEN! BEN!" I screamed his name 3 times before hearing his voice.

"Ben!" I nearly jumped for joy when I saw his blue and white suit.

"Jane! Where's Mal? She ran off and I can't find her..." Ben seemed upset and distracted.

"That's the thing. Audrey attacked her at the enchanted lake. I found Mal struggling to get out of the water with a huge wound in her shoulder. She lost a lot of blood." This made Ben angry.

"Is the baby ok?" Ben asked, concerned.

"I don't know. Your mom and dad went to your study. They don't know about the baby yet...do they?" I questioned him, knowing the answer.

"No, they don't know. I'll go find Evie on the way back to my study and hopefully she can get a doctor." Ben and I quickly ran back towards the study, hoping that Mal and the baby were ok.

Getting to the study, I saw Belle and Beast with Carlos as they waited for a medical professional to come.

"Guys, Ben has gone to find Evie who can hopefully find a doctor or someone in the field." I spoke.

After 2 minutes, Ben and Evie returned with a doctor. "Mom...dad...you guys can leave now..." Ben reassured them. They left the room, the doctor tending to Mal's wound.

"Is she going to be ok?" I asked, Ben hoping for a positive answer.

"After I stitch her up and patch her up, she will be just fine. She should hopefully be healed within the next 2-3 weeks, if not, I'll come back and give her a check-up." The lady said as she patched Mal up.

BEN
Once Mal was all good, I stopped the doctor.

"Uh...can I talk to you?" I asked as the doctor nodded. I took the doctor out of the room for 15 minuets, explaining Mal's situation.

I got a satisfying response, calming me a lot.

"So...the doctor said that you shouldn't be leaving this room, or even the bed until the wedding/coronation." I said as I walked up to a weak looking Mal. I moved a strand of purple hair out of her face as I moved her carefully over to the bed.

"What about-" I stopped her.

"Evie, Uma and I will come up with a solution." I reassured her.

I sat down next to Mal as she laid in bed.

"If you had told me that I would end up like this, I would've never believed you." Mal slightly giggled, her shoulder now hurting.

"Mal...have you thought about what your father might do if he found out about the baby?" I asked, now becoming worried.

"N-No. I'm scared of him meeting you, let alone finding out about the baby." Mal said.

I held her hand, rubbing it slightly. "If he can put up with your mother...the mistress of evil...then I guess he can't be that bad..." I was hoping to be right.

"Don't forget that he once ruled the underworld and he left my mother because she wasn't the easiest person to deal with..." Mal had to break my spirit.

"Right..." There were some things that I should've known.