Chapter 2

BEN
I hated leaving Mal out of the situation, but she is severely unwell and I couldn't risk anything bad happening to her. As I sat at my desk, a pen in my hand, Evie entered the room in a panic.

"Evie? Why aren't you with Mal?" I asked. Evie was supposed to be looking after her.

"She's gone Ben. Gone to save Auradon." Evie spoke as she got closer to me.

"Gone to save Auradon? How can she save Auradon if she doesn't know who stole the sceptre and the crown? She knows...doesn't she." I asked confused.

"She doesn't know who stole the sceptre and the crown, but she has a good plan." Evie denied my accusations.

"What's her plan?" I stood up, confused.

"Mal said that the only thing that can stop Maleficent's sceptre is Hades' ember." Evie revealed.

"There is no way I am letting my sick fiancé go after the ember belonging to a god like Hades!" I was upset and outraged. How could Mal do something stupid while she's unwell?

"She can't just walk into his lair? He isn't going to give up the ember to some random person who asks for it..." I pointed out one of the many faults in Mal's plan.

"She isn't a random person to him. Mal is his daughter." I looked at Evie, shocked. The girl I'm going to marry is the daughter of Hades. Well, she's also the daughter of Maleficent and that didn't stop me from falling in love with her.

"Why didn't she tell me that her father was Hades?" Evie shifted, probably hoping that I wouldn't ask that question.

"You already knew that her mother was Maleficent. I'm pretty sure that sums up why she didn't tell you..." Evie responded.

I looked at Evie, seeing in her eyes that there was something else she wasn't telling me, but I didn't want to pressure her.

MAL
I needed to keep up with what was happening at the palace while Celia retrieved the key from her father.

Turning on the TV, a news reporter stood outside the school, talking about the sceptre and the crown.

"It seems as though the unknown assailant has cast a spell on Auradon, sending everyone into a deep sleep..." The man said before a pink smoke enveloped the area, making the reporter drop to the floor.

"Celia...we need to go and get the ember. Now." I said worried. We quickly ran, me trying not to feel sick.

We made it to my father's lair, Celia unlocking the door.

"Okay, stay quiet. It echos like crazy in here..." She spoke as we got closer to Hades. She tried to talk to him as I went to get the ember, but it didn't work.

"Hi, dad." I smiled sarcastically.

"I was just coming to see you..." Hades stood up.

"Really? Wonder why. Is it because I'm gonna be queen?" I looked down, hating every moment I was down here.

"Now, Mal, don't be bitter." Hades tried to comfort me.

After a few rough comments and lots of yelling, I'd had enough.

"...you have no idea what that feels like!" Hades tried to play the victim.

"Really?! Because for 16 years, I had nothing...and now, I have a whole world. But unless I get that ember, it's game over!" I threatened him. I glared into his eyes, my own turning green as I tried to convince him. I held out my hand.

"You're just like your mother." He laughed.

"Do you want to make up for being a lousy dad or not? If so, give me the ember." I spoke, my voice more stern.

"The ember only works for me." Hades objected as he waved the ember in front of me.

"No, it'll work for me. We're blood...unfortunately." I scoffed. I grabbed the ember.

"You're only half Hades. The ember won't do everything for you that it does for me." He objected once again. As I went to leave, he spoke a final time.

"If it gets wet, it's game over..." He finished as Celia and I left his lair.

We made our way back to my Italian scooter, getting on before driving off. As the barrier to exit the Isle opened and we drove through, a familiar hook stopped me. Harry forced me off the scooter.

"Well, well, well. Look who's trying to return home..." He held the hook to my neck.

"Harry! Let the poor girl go!" Uma said sarcastically as she smiled.

I watched as Celia quietly got back onto my scooter, quickly driving off so she could get back into Auradon.

Uma grabbed the ember, dragging me back to the Isle as the barrier closed, leaving me weak, pregnant and trapped by Uma.

CELIA
Getting back into Auradon, I safely parked Mal's scooter before darting towards the palace. As I ran, I saw Evie.

"Celia? Where's Mal? What happened to her?" I could see the panic on her face.

"Uma resurfaced and took Mal back to the Isle, and she took the ember too!" I grabbed Evie's hand and ran to Ben's study.

"Celia? Evie? What's going on?" Ben asked, confused.

"Uma took Mal..." Evie looked defeated.