Chapter 3

MAL
Being held captive by my rival while constantly feeling sick because of my secret pregnancy was not how I saw my day going. The fact that Uma is also now in possession of the ember, is also an added problem.

"Please Uma! Give me the ember and let me go!" I demanded.

"And let you go back to your perfect little life? No way!" She responded. Just as she threw the ember up and caught it, I vomited, causing her suspicions to rise.

"Why'd you just vomit?" Uma asked, bring her face close to mine.

"I'm sick..." I looked at her with a sickly (coincidental) gaze.

"Oh no. Just because you can hide it from Ben and the rest of the Auradon losers, doesn't mean you can hide it from me. Remember Mal, we've been rivals since we were kids. If you were sick, you'd use your magic to get rid of it. No, this is something that can't be erased with magic." Uma began unpacking my secret.

"What are you talking about?" I tried to hide it.

"You held your stomach earlier..." Uma noticed my movements.

"And?" I slowly started becoming annoyed.

"When I got you ready to tie up, you protectively held your stomach for a few seconds..." She started pacing.

"I don't know what your talking about..." I looked away, defeated.

"Oh my, oh my...you have a bun in the oven!" Uma smirked at the sound of that sentence leaving her mouth.

"Excuse me?" I knew she found out, but I wanted to keep my ruse going for a little longer.

"Your pregnant...with Ben's child!" Uma clapped like a child.

"So...Mal. Who knows about this little secret?" She clearly hoped that she could muster up something to blackmail me with.

"Evie..." I spoke, ending my sentence.

"Go on..." Uma soon realised that I was finished.

"So your gal pal is the only one who knows about the soon to be baby Royal. Wait, why doesn't your fiancé beasty, know about his little prince or princess?" Uma became interested.

"Because I'm not telling him until after the mess in Auradon has been dealt with. He has enough stress in his life at the moment." I admitted.

"First of all, it may be too late to keep the secret by then and secondly, what is this mess you just mentioned?" Uma's curiosity was confusing me.

"Someone stole my mother's sceptre and Evie's mother's crown from the museum and now, they've used the sceptre to cast a sleeping spell over the whole of Auradon and that ember in your hand is the only thing that can stop them." I hated explaining things to Uma.

"Did this person have pink smoke that's putting people to sleep?" Uma asked, still confusing me. I reluctantly nodded.

"I know who stole the sceptre and the crown." Uma announced. I gave her the oh really look.

"It's Audrey. Think about it. Pink smoke and a sleeping spell? Audrey's favourite colour is pink and a sleeping spell reminds me of her mother...sleeping beauty." Uma really had to spell it out for me. I must have an early case of baby brain.

"She must be getting revenge for everything I've done to her..." I started to feel sorry for Audrey.

"And Ben's baby, the one your carrying, is gonna set her off even more, making her more likely to kill you first." Uma just had to say it.

"You need to save Auradon..." Uma smiled.

"Uh...Uma, if you hadn't already noticed, i'm trapped with you here in the isle, while Audrey terrorises Auradon. Besides, who has the ember? Oh wait, that's you." I gave her a sarcastic smile.

"There's a simple solution. I help you get home and I help you save Auradon, on one condition. You bring down the barrier, permanently." Uma offered me a good deal.

After a few seconds of thought, I smiled slightly. "Deal"

Uma untied me, shaking my hand as she gave me a quick hug.

"Congrats on the engagement by the way." Uma lightened the mood.

"Thanks. Now let's get to Auradon." I began to head towards the barrier, using my magic to open it as we ran to my scooter.

"You didn't think you could leave the Isle without us did you?" Harry and Gil ran up to us. They smiled as we all made our way to Auradon, using what power I had left. Luckily, Harry and Gil didn't know about my secret.