Skin (⚠️🔥)

Vinnie P.O.V.

It has been weeks since the assault. The air still felt heavy every time I saw them on a video or post acting as if nothing had happened.

What felt even more intense was the fire that conjoined Kio and mine's love. That night I won't remember with grim but with peace, in that, an old self of mine died there.

One that was scared to love. One that thought no one would ever care for him. One that was selfish when making decisions.

One who hadn't yet realized his path had crossed with the best human in existence.

"Kio!" I yelled out stepping into the living room.

My eyes caught a sight of Kio running out of the kitchen.

He smiled at me and said, "I thought you had decided to hibernate."

I rolled my eyes noticing the reference he made to the fact that I had gotten up extremely late.

Even though some injuries were still in the process of healing, many of them, including mentally, had been cured by him. Seeing him smile was something that never failed to brighten me.

My arms slowly extended and made an opening that Kio quickly took advantage of to join our bodies. Feeling his warm body and the smell of his freshly washed hair brought me peace.

His head resting on my chest I pulled him up by the chin and placed a kiss on his lips.

Kio looked at me and said, "I'm heading out for clothes, wanna to come?"

"I don't think that would be a good idea." I responded.

Kio frowned "Why? I want to spend some time out with you."

I let out a deep sigh "I know babe, it's just... I haven't had any energy for anything lately." I said making Kio look down in disappointment.

"Am I embarrassing, Vinnie?" he asked in a defeated tone.

"E-embarrassing? What?" I asked baffled.

Kio looked up with a frowned face "Are you embarrassed of me?" he inquired in a shaky voice.

Taking his hands into mine I said "No, why would you think that? You're the best thi-"

He cut me off abruptly "I-i know what you're going to say-" he sighed taking his hands out of mine and stepping back before continuing "Vinnie, we've been dating for a month now and yet no one knows about it."

"K-kio-" I mumbled taking a step closer and reaching my hand out to meet his.

He looked down and furrowed his eyebrows before looking up at me again teary-eyed. He hadn't reached his hand out, and I started to overthink again.

"N-no." he scoffed almost as if insulted by my gesture. "I- you, never show me off, or talk about me to others and I do-"

Kio let out a grunt and started to bat his eyes while looking at the ceiling as an attempt not to cry before continuing "A-and I know you want me to be happy, but I still can't post about you, I can't go out with you and can only talk about you to select friends...

I can't even fucking tell you that I love you in publ-"

A single tear rolled down his cheek, with that tear also fell any sort of comfort I had in that Kio was ok. Even though he was an emotional person, he seemed distraught and it left me speechless.

He wiped it off and lifted his shirt to rub any tears that had been forming in his eyes.

"Kio- it's been a rollercoaster, for me it's been hard too." I said tasting bittersweet in between my words in trying to diffuse a situation that I knew had been bottled up for days.