Love Him

Kio P.O.V.

We had arrived at my parent's house and I started to tense up. I laid back on the car seat and took a deep breath, trying to prepare for what was going to happen. I was worried about my father, Vinnie, and how the situation would get.

I was interrupted in my thoughts by Vinnie grabbing my hand and saying "Hey, everything is going to be ok." then smiling.

I nodded and smiled back at him before we both got out of his car. I headed towards the door and knocked, while Vinnie went to get both of our stuff from the trunk. It took a while to answer and I started to get flashbacks from the night everything happened, how strong everything still felt, the anger, the being ashamed, the sadness. Right now though it wasn't about me.

I saw the door open and my mother greeted me with a big hug. I felt warm in her arms and it made me think of when I was a child and every day I came home from school how she would hug me. I embraced her back and it helped calm my nerves.

"My little baby, thanks for coming." my mother said pulling away and putting her hands on my face.

I smiled and said "Don't thank me." then kissed her forehead.

I turned and got by her side so that we could both look at Vinnie who had now unloaded our baggage and was closing the trunk of his car.

"Mom, well I want you to meet Vinnie." I said pointing at him as he made his way closer to us.

She looked on and smiled "Your friend is really handsome Kio." she said raising her eyebrows.

"Mom no- he's my..." she looked at me raised one eyebrow "Boyfriend." I finished saying.

She let out a gasp and I got tense, thinking she was going to react negatively. To my surprise, she smiled at Vinnie and started to head over to him.

"Hey, Mrs. Cy-" Vinnie said before stepping on a rock and coming tumbling to the ground with our stuff falling on his sides.

My mother let out a loud burst of laughter. I started to laugh and ran over to help him.

"Hey, you okay?" I laughed.

"Of course, nothing better than falling in front of my boyfriend's mother." he said before also laughing.

I extended my hands and he grabbed onto me as I helped him up while hearing my mother die of laughter in the background.

"Who's the dumbass now?" I asked laughing.

Vinnie rolled his eyes and shook himself off then headed towards my mom, both of them laughing at the situation.

He extended his hand and my mother grabbed it "Hey Mrs. Cyr."

"Hello Vinnie." she said smiling at him.

We walked inside and I settled into my room. The memories really started flooding back into me, how I often used the window next to my bed to look out at the sky and let the breeze hit me. My old desk where I used to write poems and letters about how I felt, and I especially remember writing letters to a "future love" asking them what color their hair was, their eyes. I asked them if they had any hobbies, if they were a morning person or night owl.

I asked them... if they also liked boys.

I don't know where these letters are now, the night I was kicked out I had been writing one of them.

I shook it off and placed my things on my bed and headed to the kitchen where Vinnie and my mom were getting to know each other.

"Well Mrs. Cyr, I must tell you, you made the most beautiful human on earth." Vinnie said before walking towards me and grabbing me by the hips.