Hold On (T.W.)

Kio P.O.V.

My eyes were dead set on the road, on getting to Vinnie as fast as I could. Wishing a cop would pull me over so I could get to him faster, but they were nowhere to be seen.

Tears rolled down my eyes at an ever faster pace. The guilt I felt for letting him leave alone, I should've been there, but no my mind was set in something else.

Stupid Kio, so fucking stupid.

The disturbing feeling that took over me as I listened to Vinnie's voice message was something so deep inside me. His voice in pain generated a hurt in me as if I was just stabbed.

My breaths were rapid and shaky. Even as I tried to focus myself on the road I couldn't help but start to feel light-headed by all the emotions I was feeling.

Anger. Not at him, at the person or people who had done that to him. The hour and situation Vinnie was in didn't seem like an accident, and I felt a part of me fill with rage at the thought of someone hurting him so badly.

Fear. Of losing someone that truly cared for me like no one had ever done, someone that loved all of my weaknesses and my strengths. Just because I was selfish in my thought.

Guilt. I wasn't there, I should've been. Why? If a time machine was in front of me, I would use it without question to go back and be with him. Tell him I'd always be by his side.

Panic. Time seemed to pass quickly and then slow at times. No matter how fast I drove, I knew each minute he was there, could be the minute that his heart stops beating.

Sadness. My heart even when beating as fast as it could, felt shattered. Each heartbeat hurt more than the last. Each tear came followed by even more. Each thought to distract myself only threw me into more of a despair.

All of those emotions and thoughts as bad as they were made me realize something, I loved him. I loved Vinnie like I hadn't loved someone in my life.

For that reason, I had to be strong right now and not let my emotions get the best of me. He needed me. And I needed him.

The sole thought of having the brightest star in my sky go dark is something I couldn't handle.

I'm terrified, please Vinnie, please. Hold on.

After speeding my whole way here, I could finally see the traffic light right before Vinnie's street. It was red and I could feel my heart pumping out of my chest and my breathing starting to sound like gasps.

The wait was unbearable as I grabbed onto the wheel of the car that Vinnie had taken me on numerous adventures. Each second seemed like an entire hour.

Seeing the light finally turn green, I held my breath and floored the pedal to the car going as fast as possible.

I parked near Vinnie's apartment, took out the keys to the car, turned off the lights, and ran. Ran like hell, my legs full the adrenaline that had kicked in, made me go even faster.

Frantically looking around as I got closer to his apartment. Wishing as hard as I could that when my eyes locked onto him, he would still be here. Breathing, whispering, his heart beating.

Making my way to where the entrance was I noticed his door was wide opened. My heart sank into my gut, thinking someone must've broken inside.

I took slow steps forwards and took deep breaths, I could feel my chest falling and coming back up with each one. Preparing myself for the sight.

Getting closer, I clenched my fist and grit my teeth.

That's when I heard a low grunt.

"K-ki-i-O-" I heard someone cough.