Another Day

Vinnie P.O.V.

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off, I had turned it off twice already. I was too tired to get up, I spent last night talking to Kio, it was so surreal that even as we weren't together I felt him close to me and I didn't want to end the call but I fell asleep, I think it was around 4 or 5 a.m. I don't remember. I turned it off again and tried to go back to sleep.

I start to wake up again as I start hearing my roommate, Troy, making noise through my room. Letting out a groan I ask, "Why the fuck are you in here so early." I truly hated being woken up.

"Dude it's 12:30." He replied pointing to my alarm. My eyes widen as I turn to look at the hour and confirm. "Fuck." I say as I get up quickly to get ready, grabbing clothes and a pair of underwear that didn't smell to bad, I know my laundry habits aren't the best. I grab my phone and head to my bathroom. Checking my phone I realize I had missed messages from Kio.

Kio💫
5:03a.m.:
Kio: You fell asleep...
Did I bore you? :(
Hey...?
You look kinda cute haha...
*Sends ss of FaceTime*
5:10a.m.:
Kio: I should prob get some sleep too:)
Gn, Thanks for being my little escape from hell lol

9:50a.m.:
Kio: Morning!:)
I have an interview with HoFx in 10 minutes, sorta close to your place
Wondering if I could hang out
Totally okay if not though

I laughed, I don't know why to be honest I just felt happy. I replied "Gm sorry for falling asleep I was just way to tired. You can come anytime you want, you know that dumbass." He texted back almost as soon as I sent the message saying he will come by and apparently I was now a monster for calling him a dumbass. I laughed and put music as I got into the shower.

Letting the warm water hit my skin was always an incredible feeling each morning. I hurried and got done with my shower as soon as I could and changed. As I grabbed my phone I saw Troy, sent me a video, I opened my phone and it was the meme from Bad Girls Club hitting pans together and saying "I didn't get no sleep cause of y'all now you'll not gonna get no sleep cause of me." I brushed it off and headed to the kitchen where I asked why he had sent me that.

"Dude you kept me awake all fucking night.", I looked at him and laughed, "I wasn't even making noise.". He laughed sarcastically and said "Listen I don't know who was the person you were on the phone with but next time let's keep our inside voices." he said mimicking a Karen.
"I was talking to Kio didn't know I was being loud." I said as I finished making my breakfast and sat down on the table to join him. "You know i've never seen you care about someone so much, you hate everyone.".

"...never seen you care about someone so much." I froze as he said them. These words put me in a trance, I stopped eating and thought about what he said. It's not the that the specific words he said we're deep, but the person they referred to. The person who has me so confused, yet made me so happy. They made go into perspective that I truly hadn't had, one where I realized I was truly feeling something. And no, not for Troy that fucker can go to hell, but for...Kio. I had been having so much emotions conflicting with me since we started our friendship and those words just hit me. I couldn't like him... he's my best friend... he's a boy. I couldn't possibly. No, no, no; I kept repeating it to myself and out of nowhere Troy slammed his hand on the table, snapping me back into reality.

"What the fuck, you ok man?" he said looking worried, "You kept repeating no, no, no. It was really weird.". I just tried to play it off, I didn't know I was talking out loud responding with "Yeah sorry I guess it's because i'm still half asleep." Troy got up and put his plates in the sink leaving me still thinking. "Fuck." I whispered to myself. I couldn't even eat I had so many thoughts.