Maybe I...

Vinnie P.O.V.
"Are you hungry?" I asked, Kio slowly pulled away and said "I haven't eaten all day."

I felt like a wave of calm hit me just embracing him. It was just something I couldn't explain. After we pulled away, he shut the door and I went to the couch I was sitting on to grab my phone. Kio took a seat next to me and looked at me while I ordered food.

"What you in the mood for?" I asked looking back at him and smiling. "I'll do whatever." Kio responded, I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "You're annoying you know that?" I said, he laid his head on my shoulder and said "Maybe, but I learn from the best.". I finished ordering food and resumed the show I was watching, with Kio on my shoulder, I laid my head back so that it was on his. I just felt peace with him, I didn't even care about checking my phone. As we continued watching I remembered that when Kio arrived he looked like he had been crying. It really bothered me but, I guess I forgot about it since I was too going through many emotions before he arrived and, embracing his body just made me go into another world. But now the concern killed me not to mention the curiosity.

So I slowly asked "Hey, If you feel like talking about it...", Kio shifted so he could look up at me. I continued "You looked like you had been crying. Why?", he looked down and then back at me "I wasn't crying.". I frowned and said "That wasn't the question Kio, I asked why.". "A-are you ma-mad?" he stuttered, "No, no, I'm just worried." I said stroking his hair "You know you can tell me anything right?" I continued.

"W-ell, I-I think we need to talk." he paused and took a deep breath, before he could continue I agreed and said "Yeah I think we really do.". Kio looked at me and pulled away from me positioning himself on my couch so he was facing me.

"So?" I said while letting out a faint smile. I was nervous. I don't think nervous was enough to explain it more like full on panic, I knew I felt something but I didn't want to lose him, lose him for rushing into something, for falling to fast... losing him because he simply didn't want me in that way. Fuck. Time was passing so slowly as I waited for him to start. Maybe it wasn't even about us and i'm just being hopeful. He's probably hungry. No, he looks sad, fuck. It drives me crazy seeing him like this, but I didn't want to end then conversation as the way I felt also drove me crazy, it drove me insane.

"You promise not to hate me?" Kio said with a shaky voice. I looked at him and put my hand on his cheek, he put his hand on top of my hand. "I'll never, ever, EVER, hate you." he looked away and sighed. "You got that?". He smiled and I took my hand from his cheek. "Please tell me..." I said.

Kio looked at me and said "I like you... I-I like you a lot."

I fell back onto the couch, even though for a long time I have wanted to say that to him, I never imagined he would say them to me. I was excited, angry, not at him but at myself because I was such a coward, I didn't know the feeling a mix of terrified and excitement.

Kio stood up "Fuck, I'm stupid" he started putting on his jacket "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, fuck, fuck, fuck."

As I watch him start to leave, I froze. Again fucking freezing instead of doing something, instead of facing reality, instead of doing what I fucking want to do, I freeze every fucking time because... I fucking love him. No, this wasn't going to happen again.

I stood up and grabbed Kio tightly by the arm, he turned around. In that moment I went for it. Something I knew I have wanted to do since the first day I saw him. Something I wanted to do since we first went out. Something I wanted to do since the first time he called me his closest friend. Something I wanted to do every time he smiled at me. The culmination of everything lead to this moment, maybe the time we had wasted before in fear of ourselves, that time was over. I loved him and I knew it.

I grabbed him and pressed my lips against his.

Kio P.O.V.

Vinnie kissed me.

I thought I was in a dream and if I was I would prefer never to wake up. I closed my eyes and started kissing him back. Grabbing a hold of his body, it felt so good, his lips, his abs, his hair, just being this close. No one could take this from us, it was ours. Even if, EVEN IF everything ended right here I would go and be the happiest person in this shitty world.

We continued kissing for a while and I didn't want it to end, the feeling I had was something I had never experienced, it was like a flame was roaring inside me, and being close to him made it be alive. Feeling his lips on mine, his fingers, his hands holding onto me. With his hands still holding my head, Vinnie pulled away from the kiss and brought me closer so that our foreheads and noses were now touching. We looked at each other and I smiled.

"I like you so fucking much." he said in a deep voice. "You're perfect in every way possible, you drive me fucking shit.". I grabbed his cheeks, pulling him close and giving a peck on the lips. "You're very rude you know that?"

We both started laughing and pulled away.

"I love you." I said, he sat down on the couch and looked up at me while I took a seat next to him. "I love you too... dumbass." Vinnie said. I cuddled under his arm and hit his chest.

As he resumed the movie I remember feeling warm, feeling loved, feeling happy. I was just finally being myself. I was free. He started caressing my hair and I couldn't explain how much I loved when he did that, it felt very comforting and physically it gave me the kind of feeling asmr gives you.

I fell asleep. I just felt so peaceful.

The sleep was the best i've ever had. I was woken up by Vinnie pecking my lips multiple times and whispering "Kio, hey.". I was half awake to be honest but pretended to be asleep so he would kiss me more. He eventually got a hold of this and whispered in my ear "If Kio doesn't wake up he'll get no more kisses." that made open my eyes wide and smiling said "What a nice nap, no?". Vinnie was looking down on me balancing himself by putting his hands on the couch, putting me between his arms. "Your smile drives me insane you know that?" Vinnie said. I blushed and put my hands on his cheeks and started playing with them. He laughed. "So why did you wake me up?" I asked, "Well the pizza arrived and you said you were hungry.".

I slowly got up and rubbed my eyes. Vinnie went and took a seat at the table where he had already put the pizzas. I stood up and walked to the table contemplating everything that had just happened and I really couldn't believe it. I sat down and he served me a slice.

Before I took my first bite I asked "So what are we?".