26: A Secret Between Us

~~~Booker

The kids were in school and they were fine. Thank god, I haven't heard from Keisha. To be honest, I got sick of her, she had been harassing the children, making them feel as if everything was their fault but that's not the truth. Everything wasn't their fault, they didn't choose to be born and they definitely didn't choose to be used and abused like this. What Keisha did was abhorrent, to say the least, and absolutely horrible at most. I loved her and I trusted her but what she has been doing has shown me that the only love I could have for her as a mother would be the fact that I didn't have to be around her.

I loved her so much when I was young, I knew that loving her would be unhealthy but I still did. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, hoping she would be a good mother. Instead, now, she's made sure my children would suffer. I say mine because when they were ours, I had to deal with Booker saying I hate you and Belle wondering if her father was really a rapist. No matter how I look at this, she's made me realize that there was no use in our children. As much as I wanted there to be an us in our children, there was no us.

I wanted my children to know that they could have a productive household, to know that they can live in two happy households instead of one. She tried to sabotage that in every way possible and now I just wanted her to leave our children alone. I then get a text message from Belle saying 'I love you Dad, have a good day,' I smile as it warmed my heart to know that my daughter was thinking about me, I was so lucky to have them. I was so lucky to have such beautiful children. It's then that I get another text message from Booker, 'Hey Dad. Are you coming to the game?' I forgot basketball had started and 2020 was already in full swing with this weird bug going around, I hope it was nothing serious.

As I get ready to go, I get another text message. As I look down at the message, I see who it is and I am already annoyed. It was Keisha, she was saying we have to talk, there's something off about your girlfriend and I need to tell you. I call her phone only for it to go straight to voicemail, the message was sent very recently but her phone was off. I push the thought out of my mind and make my way back to the car, the only thing she'd want to talk about is probably about her getting more money.

~~~Maria

I didn't expect to see her at the door, I didn't expect her to have followed me. It was a good thing that Gregor grabbed her. Gregor smiled as he says, 'What did you walk into?' I had two options now: O'Bryan had his gun aimed at her and said, 'What do you want to do? 20,000 for her head, I won't charge if you decide to do it,' I smile and say, "No, I'm quite sure she followed us for a reason," 'I'll scream,' "If you scream, I'll have Gregor break your neck,"

'Well, what do you want?' she says to me. "It's what you want. You saw something you shouldn't have, I'm above killing you but if you give me any problems, I will remove you," 'You're willing to kill the mother of your boyfriend's children?' I smile and say to her, "Yes. You may think you're special but you're not. Everything you've done, you've done to yourself. Even this situation was something you did to yourself. All you had to do was fuck off and let it be known that you lost. Now you put yourself in this situation," 'So if you're not gonna kill me, what are you gonna do?'

I then smile and say, "You want to have some time with your children? I can arrange that and I'll give you money to keep your mouth shut," 'What if I just take the money and tell the police? The real police,' she says, looking at O'Bryan. I smile as I say "You don't know who works for me and you don't know who is a police officer but if you want that, I'll do you a favor. I'll just kill you and save myself a headache. You seem like you're the type who wants to gain an inch no matter what and I'll make this easy for me by removing your existence,"

She then says, 'Okay, I understand. On one condition,' "Oh, you think you're in a position to negotiate?" I say with a smile, "What's your condition?" 'You stay away from Booker,' I heard what she said and somehow, I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Between the fact that Kevin was bleeding out and O'Bryan just looked baffled, I knew that I could easily have her killed and save myself the effort but I looked at her and said, "Why on God's green earth would I stay away from him? I love him. He loves me," 'Because you're a lying piece of shit,' she says to me. I then say, "Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?" 'I know I've lied. I know I've done some horrible things to him but I know it'll break him if he ever finds out who you are. You're more than just some rich girl, I knew it from the moment I saw you. From the moment I swung on you, you're dangerous. All I'm asking is that you leave Booker alone so he can be a good father,'

It's then that I walk up to her, "The second I leave him alone is the second you're going to make his life a living hell," 'That's between me and Booker,' she says, 'I'm his ex-wife and I need to protect my children,' "Protect your children how?" I say to her, "All you've done is hurt them and lie. You should be happy that I'm agreeing to this," She then looks shocked, realizing how little I care about her shocked face, and I say to her: "This is all you have to agree to. If you can't do that, I'll make sure I kill you. Your children will cry and miss you but in time, they'll learn to get over you. Hell, they may be better off without you. Is that what you're worried about?" She then raises her hand and smacks me, Gregor grabs her and says: 'That was a big mistake,'

His hand wrapped around her neck and she realized how badly she fucked up. I then say, "Gregor, that's enough. She's just a loser, don't lower yourself by putting your hands on her. Oh and if you tell Booker about this," I then start to cry, "I'll tell him you followed me. I'll tell him you followed me and tried to attack me," It's then that I tell her, "Now you need to leave unless you want to be a witness to a murder," 'I already witnessed it,' she says. I then smile and say, "Now you haven't. If you were a witness, you'd be dead by now. Do you want to be a witness?" I ask with a smile.

I want her to make my day, I want her to be a witness to all of this. I want her to be a witness so I can spend the whole night, torturing her. It's then that she leaves, her face utterly defeated. I smile as she finally realizes that she's completely outclassed. As she begins to leave out the door, I send Gregor to follow, making sure that she's gone. "Do you have everything you need, O'Bryan?" He smiles as he says, 'Yes. Officer Kevin was gunned down by three crackheads, I already have arrest warrants ready. Also, all the evidence he had planted on you, I have it disposed of,' "Why?" I ask. 'Because' he says with a smile, 'I know you would have wanted me to do it and there's no reason to keep any evidence against you, Miss Smirnoff,'

I nod and say "Good. Make sure his life insurance policy stays intact for his wife and his child," He nods and says, 'Everything will be fine. Now, you should go,' I get ready to leave, embracing the cold February weather and Gregor is waiting in the car as he says, 'We shouldn't have let her go,' "Why? Plus since when have you been calling the shots, Gregor?" 'It's no offense ma'am. You and I both know she's a danger,' "Gregor if she proves to be a danger, then I'll just kill her. No one's going to miss her and even if her children do miss her, they'll only remember the lies she told. Now, let's go. Booker and I have a lunch to get to,"

End of Chapter 26: A Secret Between Us