Seeing as I didn't have another choice, though, I had to go with it. Either that or I would never know what was on that damn phone and who was in any imminent danger. And whether I should be scared and actually listen to Lisa's pleads, and staying with her, or if it was safe going back. Who was I kidding, though? I knew that coming back to the penthouse was anything but safe with the memories coming back to me.

Just as that thought has occurred to me, though, I figured he already knew. Surely Peter has informed him of my absence by now, and suddenly I regretted not taking his phone with me. But then again, it would probably only make the job easier and help them track me down faster. Because I was pretty sure that's what was going on right about now - Chanyeol barking orders left and right to trace my whereabouts. Though I was sure it wouldn't take long for them to figure out where I was if they didn't know already.

Even though I was away from danger, I still had little time and with every minute I spent just staring at the now matured woman, it was only becoming shorter. And still, despite knowing all this, I couldn't bring myself to speak. Thankfully, I didn't have to, because Michael broke the silence.

"So... I take it you guys know each other?" Well so much for his help, I thought as I rolled my eyes inwardly.

"Yeah," Sooyoung spoke, "We all used to go to UCLA together. Chaeyoung and I used to be a thing for a while," she chuckled awkwardly, and this time I didn't even try to conceal the eye roll that made itself known the second she spoke my name.

Michael, apparently sensing the tension, smiled uneasily and said, "Alright well, I'll let you guys catch up while I go..." he trailed off, pointing his thumb behind him to the kitchen, "grab a soda," he finished unsurely and departed to the kitchen as Sooyoung stepped closer.

"It's been a while," she smiled, and I nodded my head in acknowledgment.

"Yeah,"

"I didn't think I'd see you again,"

"Neither did I and I liked it that way,"

Sooyoung sighed at that, "Look Chaeyoung I—,"

"You know what," I shook my head, "I'm sorry. It was a long time ago, I shouldn't be bitter about this. I just need your help and I'd rather we skip the small talk and just get to it if that's alright?"

"Uhm," she seemed a little hesitant and cast a glance at Lisa, who was now not looking at either of us, "Sure, yeah, we can do that,"

"Great," I said, completely lacking enthusiasm.

"Alright," Lisa finally spoke up, clearing her throat awkwardly as she made her way to the living room with both me and Sooyoung in tow.

"I didn't know you were good with computers," the sentence left my mouth before I could stop it and I mentally reprimanded myself for starting a possible conversation when that was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Yeah, I started learning how to code and stuff during high school but then dropped it in university. I got back to it when I got a job at this big tech firm. Apparently, they liked something I came up with all the way back in high school and wanted me on their team," she chuckled as she pulled out her laptop and placed it on the coffee table.

"Oh, that's cool," I commented dryly, "So uhm, can you get into this?" I placed the phone on the table next to the laptop and the woman to my left picked it up, examining it in her hand before placing it back down.

"Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem. I have quite magical hands, some would say," her comment made me look up just to catch the hint of a smirk as she cast a glance to the right where Lisa sat, "with technology, I mean,"