34| Darling

Chapter 34: Darling (Caden's POV)

I stood at the backdoor, watching as she closed the gate, locking it quietly behind her before walking over to me. 

"Who is there?!" We heard a guard yell. 

Her eyes widened and so did mine. I stifled a laugh while she ran over, clearly panicking. I pulled her inside and locked the door, shaking in silent laughter. 

"Oh my god, that was so scary!" she whisper-yelled. 

I turned my head the other way so I wasn't looking at her and laughed even harder. 

"Shut up!" She smacked my arm, letting out a laugh. 

"Just come with me," I chuckled, taking her hand and heading upstairs before we woke up my parents. I closed and then locked my bedroom door once we were inside. "You are so cute," I laughed, grabbing her waist and pulling her body against mine, leaning down and kissing her lips. 

She smiled against my lips, wrapping her arms around my neck and going on her toes, deepening the kiss. She doesn't normally initiate that first. She pulled back and looked at me, a lazy smile on her lips. 

"I think I have a new nickname for you now since you don't really like me calling you darling." 

"Who says I don't like it when you call me darling?" She pouted. 

"I thought you didn't. You would always tell me not to call you that and always asked why I called you darling in the first place." I let out a soft chuckle, looking at her in confusion. 

"No," she said, shaking her head. "I love when you call me darling." She ran her fingers through my hair, pushing it back. 

"And what happens if I call you my love?" I lifted a brow. 

Her smile widened. "Even better," she giggled. "But I still love darling," she whispered, her lips brushing against mine. 

"You know, you have like... ninety-five percent of me in your control," I stated. 

"Oh?" she laughed, looking slightly impressed. "What about the other five percent?" she asked, pulling my cheek down to her lips. 

"The remaining five percent is only holding back because people can't find out yet," I answered, walking forward. 

She walked backward and eventually hit my bed. She sat down and I leaned forward, my face inches away from hers. 

"And when people know, I'm all yours. Officially." 

She smiled at me as I leaned forward, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Which one of us do you think will love the other person more?" she asked, falling back and then scooting up on the bed while I hovered on top of her, my knees on the bed beside her thighs. 

"Me," I answered honestly. 

"Really?" she asked. "I think it might be me," she admitted. 

"I think it should be both of us. Fifty-fifty. A relationship works when both people love each other equally. Not if one person loves the other one more." 

"Look at you, talking so wisely," she taunted. 

"Hmm," I nodded. I lifted my shirt, pulling it over my head and tossing it on the floor before lowering myself, bringing my lips to hers. My right hand fell to her thigh where her dress had ridden up quite a bit and rested on her hip now. 

"You asked me once if I matched my underwear to my socks," she laughed. "No, I match it to my clothes," she smirked, glancing at her red lace underwear.