18| Candy

Chapter 18: Candy (Caden's POV)

We both sat on her bed in utter silence. Surprisingly, it wasn't awkward. I glanced at her. 

She's holding her breath again. 

I poked her stomach and she shrieked, letting out a breath. "What?" she asked. 

"Just reminding you to breathe. Again," I chuckled. 

"This is not funny," she said, glowering at me. "None of this is funny." 

"Venus," I sighed. "We've been sitting here in silence for twenty minutes. If this is what we're doing, then this is a waste of time. Maybe we should start another day." 

"Shut up," she snapped. 

I shut my mouth but watched her, a small smile tugging at my lips. 

She raised her brows at me, daring me to talk back. "What, huh?" She leaned in closer, tilting her chin up, challenging me. 

I let out a small laugh. 

She's adorable. She really is. She can't do anything but she always dares me, always challenges me, always fights back. That's what I like the most about her. She always fights back. "What?" she asked through gritted teeth. "What are you laughing for?" She got a little closer. I can't tell if she's daring me to argue or to kiss her. 

My eyes fell to her lips as I swallowed, blinking a few times. 

"Don't even think about it. You already stole two kisses from me," she mumbled. 

"One being your first, right?" I asked. 

She glared at me, turning away and going back to staring ahead of her. 

"Can I leave?" 

She turned to look at me again. 

"If we're not doing anything... Not even talking then why am I here?" 

"Sure," she shrugged. "Use the window." 

"Why? No one's even home." 

"Then why did you come in using the window?" She arched a brow at me sharply. "Ha!" She rolled her eyes, folding her arms across her chest, and looking away from me. 

I let out a laugh, turning my head the other way and looking out of her window. "Okay, do you at least know when your parents will be back?" I questioned. 

"The party is meant to end at midnight. It's only 10:45. We have plenty of time," she mumbled. 

"Time flies. But that's when you're actually doing something," I huffed. 

"We are doing something. We're wasting time."

"And that's what I came here for?" 

"What did you come here for? Sex? Kisses? Making out?" 

"Stop being so hostile. I keep telling you if you don't want to go through with all of it, then just tell me. I can tolerate it. I can be attracted to you and not act on it. It'll be better than constantly arguing. Anyhow, we both know I'm not ideal to be your first." 

"That's not your decision to make. And I'm not waiting for a prince," she scoffed. 

I raised my brows. 

"I'm not waiting for prince charming," she corrected herself. "It's not that important to me." 

"Your virginity isn't important to you?" I asked.