Chapter 40: Broken Trust

Start from the beginning

"You pleaded us to go away when Midoriya and I went after you two, you were panicking when we didn't listen." Mirio spoke this time, pointing out the events that happened a couple of days ago.

"I- yes I did. But that was because he looked pissed. I didn't wanted to lose my job." I tried to defend myself.

"But as we know, you already get money from the school, why taking a job as a babysitter?" The detective spoke again, and I looked back at Aizawa. He knows why.

"It's not because of the money, I took the job because I want to be there for her." My eyes never left the ones from Aizawa's "She gets called a monster, because of her quirk, and I wanted to teach her to control it. I told that Sensei a couple of weeks ago." They looked to Aizawa and then back to me.

"From whom does she gets called a monster? As we know, she doesn't go out, nor does she visit any schools."

"I don't know." I leaned back in the chair that I was sitting on and chewed on my bottom lip. My gaze landed on Midoriya "When I first met her, she told me that she didn't wanted to hurt me, she hugged herself and quivered. She told me that she is a monster, no kid would call herself a monster out of nowhere, someone must have told her that." My eyes became glossy as I played the scene again in my head. A tear rolled down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

Aizawa leaned forward and looked me in the face, studying me for his next words. "Midoriya told me that Eri was sad because she didn't got to see you in a long time, but you told me that you needed to skip school because of her, last week."

"What are you accusing me of?" I got impatient, are they really thinking I would abuse a child? Yet along lay a finger on her?

"Where were you that day." It wasn't even a question. He demanded me to explain myself and I took a deep breath.

"I was with Hawks." He raised a brow.

"Hawks? You mean the number 2 Hero?" A Hero that I don't know the name of, asked.

"If you don't believe me, just ask him. Call him now." Aizawa looked at Nezu and Nezu nodded. He fished out his phone and searched for Hawks' agency number. After he talked with Hawks' secretary, he was connected with Hawks' phone from his office.

He was on speaker so we all could hear him.

"Hawks here,"

"Hawks, here is Mavis' homeroom teacher, Eraserhead. I need to ask you something about her." Rustling could be heard from the other side of the phone, and Hawks sounded on edge.

"Did something happen to her? Is she ok?" Aizawa glanced up at me and spoke again, ignoring his questions.

"She told me she was with you last week, even skipped school for it. Is that true? Please answer truthfully, it's important." I looked towards Deku, who was already starring at me. He looked away as soon as our eyes met. I chuckled shortly in disappointment, shaking my head lightly and looking back to Aizawa. Coward...

"Yeah. Yeah it's true. I needed her for something and actually asked her to keep quiet. Is she there?" I knew I could count on him, at least someone is trustworthy and has my back.

Aizawa slides the phone towards me, so I can speak to Hawks. "Sorry, Hawks. I was here in a heated position..."

"It's ok kid, we will talk later." He sighed and hung up.

"Something else you want to accuse me of?" My head turned towards Deku "Maybe Deku? You want to accuse me of drugs next?"

"It's not his fault. You shouldn't have acted suspicious in the first place." Blondie backed up Deku and I scoffed.

"Well, if I am so suspicious, why the hell do you guys keep me here? I didn't wanted to be here." I pointed at Nezu, my eyes turning red while I stared at him, with a menacing glare. Little blobs of water lost their gravity and flew up from their glasses. "You wanted to make a hero out of me, it's not my fault that you failed!"

"Mavis, relax." Aizawa's eyes switched their color, too. The ends of his hair flying in the air. I stood up.

"I have no idea about the business her father makes. I am only there for Eri. Now if you would excuse me, I'm done here." I walked out. I heard someone exit the room, too, but didn't mind to look back, I was in a hurry to get to the girls bathroom, fury was rising in my chest and I feel betrayed, disappointed and dirty. Dirty for lying to Aizawa and Deku, but why? They didn't deserve it. Not even a bit. Aizawa was so cold to me, he believed that I had some things done with the Shie Hassaikai, I mean yes I did, but not what they think. And Deku? Oh, don't get me started on Deku...

"Mavis," Someone grabbed my right wrist but I pulled it out of their grip with force, looking back at the person, I sneered at them.

"Don't touch me." He was hurt of my words, as he should. "I-Im sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"You didn't mean to what?! I helped you and you stabbed me behind my back. Telling the police something that you have no clue of!" I felt my eyes water, but I held the tears back, tried. "I thought we were friends..." it came out in a whisper and I rushed out of the school. Going back to the dorms. I should have known better, you can trust nobody in this world. Not even the ones that are the closest to you.

1586 words