I grinned, "I don't know, can you?" 

She chuckled, "Not at the bridge." She slowly shook her head. 

"Hmm, then how about my room?" I asked. I was half expecting her to say no because that would be the logical answer. I don't want her sneaking around because of me and risk getting in trouble. It's better if I get caught rather than her. I don't want her to get in any trouble because of me. 

"Okay," she nodded while grinning widely. 

I blinked in surprise. "Yeah?" 

"Yeah," she chuckled. "But I make no promises about climbing up to your window." 

"That's okay," I laughed. "I'll let you in through the backdoor. But you don't have to come. We can go to your house if that would be easier." 

"No, we're always at my house. Your turn to host." 

"Okay," I agreed. We stood in silence for a little while. "Halftime ends soon, I should get back," I said softly. 

She nodded in agreement and then pecked my lips. "Bye, and keep playing the way you were." 

"Bye," I chuckled. I left first and after a couple of minutes of me just sitting on the bench, all of us getting ready to get back into the game, she came out while throwing her hair up. She glanced at me before climbing up the stairs and settling in her seat once again. 

I glanced at my dad, thinking he would have noticed me gone for so long, but he was talking to my mother. They looked like they were arguing but I could care any less. 

"Caden!" I looked forward, realizing that Axel ran down and over to me. 

"Hey," I laughed as he sat on the bench beside me. 

"Are you going to win?" he asked, rocking his legs back and forth. 

"Of course," I nodded. 

He smiled even wider and then turned to the field. "Wow, your field is huge. Ours is tiny," he said, clearly not approving of that. 

"Well, when you come into high school, you'll have this one. Don't worry about it," I smiled. 

"Axel!" We both spun around, spotting my mother calling him back. 

"Bye, good luck," he said, hopping off the bench and then running back up. When he was about to reach our row, on the last step, he ran into a parent who was coming down the stairs and tripped. 

I watched and bit back a smile while Venus reached forward and grabbed his arm, pulling him up before he could fall. "Whoa, you okay?" she chuckled, pulling him to stand in front of her and clearing the stairway. 

He nodded, laughing. 

"I'm Venus," she grinned. 

"Axel," he replied. 

"Axel!" I heard my dad call him, scolding him. He pouted and glared at my dad. 

I let out a chuckle, my eyes meeting hers. She turned her attention back to Axel. "Go on then," she smiled, pulling her legs back so he could walk past. 

"Sorry," he mumbled and then walked over to my parents, slumping into his seat. I watched as he whispered something to my mom. She glanced at Venus and then shook her head at Axel. The whistle echoed throughout the field and the crowd quieted down a little. He asked again, stomping his foot. She said something and then nodded slightly. He shot up and ran out, standing on the stairs right next to Venus. 

I watched my dad ask my mother something. Probably something along the lines of "Why did you let him go near her?" 

And then she replied. Probably saying, "He can't see Caden from here." 

I think my family is just made up of a bunch of liars, honestly. 

I stood up, going back to the game. The whistle blew once more signaling the start of the game, and I took the ball first, scoring another goal faster than the others I scored all night. Everyone cheered and clapped. 

"Yeah, we're not losing," Roman laughed, walking over to me. 

"Damn right we're not," I scoffed, both of us exchanging a high-five. And then the game continued. 

We won 12-8 and if you ask me, that is a pretty big win. 12 goals is a lot. Considering that we're a kingdom and we don't do anything in gym class and half our school's population doesn't even know the rules of the game. 

I walked back to the bench and chugged on some water, noticing that Axel and Venus were now very friendly with each other considering that they're talking and he's laughing and she's ruffling his hair. I started to walk up the stairs to him. 

"Oh, look. There's the winner," Venus said, nodding to me. 

"Did you even watch the game or were you too busy making a new friend?" I laughed, grabbing Axel's shoulders, shaking him a little. I took a step back and pulled Axel with me when I saw my parents standing up and walking over. 

Venus and Remy also stood up to give them room. 

My mother grabbed Axel's hand, shooting Venus an apologetic look if I read that right. 

"We're heading home. Clean yourself up and then be back home," my dad said gruffly, completely ignoring Venus. 

"Um, I won't be home till late." 

"Why is that?" he asked. 

"The team is going to Hummingbird Heartbeat to celebrate the win. I'm going with them. And before you ask, Roman will be there, you can call him whenever you like. So you can go home. I'll go with him," I lied. 

"Fine," he agreed. I waved Axel goodbye and then they all left. Remy left too after that, going with Roman. He said she'll be with him tonight at the cafe. 

I stood there in front of Venus, both of us staring at each other. "This winner better get a reward tonight," I smirked. 

"Hmm, go shower first," she mumbled, sitting back down. 

I smiled, turning around and heading to the locker room. I grabbed my bag and then took one of the showers, locking the door and turning the water on. I then hung my towel on the door, ignoring the voices of all the guys outside still talking about the game. 

I was almost done and still ignoring the guys until I heard Nate say, "Did you see Venus tonight?" 

"Yeah, why?" That sounds like Finn. 

"She looked hot. In the red dress, no?" 

"She's off-limits, isn't she?" Finn asked.

Damn right she is.

"Why? Who said?" 

"I don't know. I thought no one talks to her because of her feud with Caden." 

I didn't even know about that. 

"There's nothing going on between her and Caden," Nate scoffed. 

I turned the water off and wrapped the towel around my waist before stepping out. Nate saw me, a little stunned. 

"Don't bet on that," I nodded, going to my locker and grabbing my bag, heading for the changing rooms. 

I may have just insinuated that there was something going on between Venus and me, but I don't care. I'd rather have people know that people talking about her.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 31

HARRY IS OPENING THE GRAMMYS

AHHHH

that's it, that's the A/N for this chapter

next chapter: heartbeat