Chapter 9: According to you

Jaycie's P.O.V

I take off my shoes and sit on the couch. So now I'll be living with him? I never been close or even been friends with any boys before. I'm a freak. Who would want to be friends with a freak like me. And plus... I'm not pretty like the other girls...

" Hey, stop that thought of yours. " I turn to Collin. His expression shows... Pained.

" Jay, you are not a freak. This ability of yours is what's make you different and unique. And please don't compare yourself with the other girls. Everyone is different, and you are beautiful in your own way. Be the best version of you and who you really are. Embracing yourself is a beautiful way to love and accept yourself. And you are beautiful to me. You just need to realize how beautiful and stunning you actually are. " That's the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to me. I feel myself blushing and turns away.

I could hear him chuckles and he walks to the kitchen. He's nothing but being nice to me... Not gonna lie I'm happy that he's here to help me. No one has ever been there for me for years now. And having him here, I feel different.

I'm not alone anymore.

I yawn and I feel myself getting sleepy. Maybe I should take a few minutes nap... Just a few minutes....

----------------------------------------------
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

"Jaycie, how can you eat so much? Kyle work hard for us and all you do is sits in the house and wait for food! " Benjamin had a furious look on his face because I ate the lasagna in the fridge.

" Ben, please I'm sorry. I was hungry..." He push the plates and glass on the table and it all shattered on the floor. Some of them put a small cuts my shin.

" If mom and dad didn't leave, we wouldn't have to live like this. " He glared at me and leave.

I sobs silently while picking up the shattered glass... I didn't care the cuts that it do to my hand... My head was flooded with guilt...

"Hey, Jay. Wake up. Jaycie!"

I gasp and look around. I see a very worried Collin staring at me. I am sweating and shaking uncontrollably. Then I feel my eyes and cheeks are wet... The dream was my memory...

Collin pulls me close to him and strokes my hair. "It's okay, I'm here. You'll be okay, I promise." I couldn't help but let out tears and cries on his shoulder.

"C-Collin, will they ever love me again... W-Will they ever forgive me...."

"Jay, you did nothing wrong. They're the one should ask for forgiveness. They should've been there for you as your brothers."

He pulls of and takes a look at my face.

' Don't look at me! I'm ugly-crying right now! '

He shakes his head and wipes my tears with both of his thumb.

' You are way far from ugly to me...'