Chapter 1 : Noises

⚠️Trigger warning : Verbal Abuse and violence.

It all started when she was 8. Her parents were fighting in the kitchen because her father just founds out that her mother had cheated on him. That's why Jaycie looks so different. She's the only one who had ravishing brown orbs and soft black hair while her brothers both have dirty blonde hair and beautiful blue ocean eyes.

Her brothers was at their friend's house leaving her alone with her parents yelling with each other. Usually, she would stay in her room and lock the door until her brothers come home but today she sits behind the sofa in the living room to listen to why her parents are always arguing and fighting like cats and dogs.

But it's was the biggest mistake she ever made. Her father saw her and yanked her from her hiding and drag her to the kitchen. "Look she's been eavesdropping on us, what kind of man that you make you gladly cheated on me?! I'm sure he is a dumbass who never learn any manner. Oh my bad, I meant son of a b***ch!"

He knew Jaycie is far from poor manners, but his anger got the best of him and all he felt is disgust and devastated. He had tried to deny that her wife had cheated on him but unfortunately she did.

Her mother yanked her from her father and held her shoulder tightly that it made her winched. " But she's still your child, would you have the heart to treat her differently?!"

Jaycie silently sobbing, not because they were fighting, not because the pain that spreading on her shoulder cause by her mother's grasp but because she knew she is the cause of all this. They are arguing and fighting with each other because of her.

Her father couldn't even look at Jaycie after he let out his words. "She is not my daughter. ". Guilt was eating him inside which then turns into anger. Of course he loves Jaycie but he is too angry with her mother who dare to cheat on him when he was working hard to put food on the table and to provide them with everything they need and wanted.

He storm off then he throws the family pictures of them from the wall. When he reach the door he slowly turns back and looked at Jaycie.

" I'm sorry..." And he left.

Her mother called out for him not to leave but its was useless. She turns back to Riley and yells at her.

"Look what have you done! You little s*ht! " And she slap her... Jaycie never seen her mother so... immoral. Her mother that once was a delicate woman with her eyes full of adoration and love is now filled with despise and irritation.

" This is all your fault! You ruin our family! Your father left because of you!!! You should have never been born!!! You are nothing to him! You hear me?!  Nothing!!! A f**king nobody!!!" Her mother keeps yelling nothing but words as sharp as a knife that keep cutting Jaycie's heart. She tries to cover her ears but her mother forcefully pulled them back down and keeps yelling at her.

Once her mother went and grab another plate Jaycie quickly covers her ears back and her mother throws the plate on the floor in front of her.

She stares at her mother with tears streaming down her face. Her mother clinched her teeth and looked at her. Then she left.

Jaycie's eyes widen, she's overwhelmed and entirely shocked as she watches her mother left.

She heard her mother's voice but she didn't see her mother opens her mouths....

' You are not my daughter anymore. '