🍃Missions🍃

You and Satoru agreed to meet at Akihabara station at noon the next day. It was strange that no one in the crowds of people seemed to notice Satoru's uncanny blindfold as you approached him in the busy station. The two of you headed out to the street, engaging in small talk as you walked towards the location of the last incident. You pointed out a cafe that you said made wonderful milkshakes, and Satoru mentioned that if you finished quickly, the two of you could stop there before heading back to the school.

Satoru Gojo had noticed recently that Nanami was abnormally irritable. At first he thought it was Nanami's normal mood, but whenever Gojo would speak to him, Nanami would reply with brevity in a monotone, but agitated voice. One time, Gojo brought up your first mission, and Nanami quickly responded with a shocked 'what?' before scoffing and running his hands through his hair, then wordlessly stalking out of the room before the conversation had ended. That was the moment that Gojo realized it was actually about you.

Gojo knew better than to bring it up right away, so he continued with the small talk until you arrived at the location. There was yellow tape around the sidewalk outside of a dollar store chain, and remnants of a blood spray on the pale concrete that travelled up the brick wall of the store.

"All of the incidents have happened along this road, over the past 2 weeks." Gojo explained as you stared at the bloodstained ground. "Two nights ago, someone bought a knife at the store along with groceries, but drove the knife into their head just here."

Your stomach felt uneasy and the edges of your mouth tensed into a grimace. Gojo noticed this.

"But don't worry, they didn't manage to do enough damage." Gojo spoke quickly in order to reassure you.

"So, we just need to find this thing and kill it?" you asked.

"Yes. If you can feel the remnants of cursed energy, you can follow it." Gojo explained.

"Oh, I see!" you replied, taking a deep breath in. The cursed energy was still hanging in the air, faintly dispersed throughout the pavement. You walked around to the side of the store, where an alley led into a back street.

"There's more of it this way," You said. Gojo nodded.

"Well done, let's see how soon you can find it." His voice encouraging you.

You continued to follow the trail left for you, which led up a ladder onto the roof of a building behind the store. The cursed energy was more concentrated up there, and you were too focused to notice the cursed spirit jump out at you.

Gojo could see the spirit as soon as he got to the roof, but waited for you to discover it. When it leaped out at you, he watched you dodge it at the last second, his senses trained on it in case he needed to intervene in the fight.

The spirit was moving uncontrollably fast. You could barely keep up as it jumped around you, let alone pull off an attack. You jumped backwards, away from the spirit as it raced from side to side.

Trying to grab it several times, you groaned in frustration. Gojo laughed a little under his breath. You lunged for the spirit when it seemed to slow down, but at the last second it moved out of the way to let you fall onto the concrete.

"Ugh, you little devil!" You groaned, Gojo laughed. You were getting frustrated by how annoying it was, but then you put your arms down to the sides as you realized how you could defeat it. If you let it pretend to get the upper hand, as soon as it made contact with you your innate technique could activate and you'd be able to turn it back into cursed energy, which you could then absorb into your body.

The spirit was quick to notice that you had let down your guard, and quickly jumped forward to attack. Just before it made contact with you, you swung your palm across as fast as you could and slapped it, hard. You unwound its manifestation almost instantaneously, seemingly disintegrating as it was pulled inside your palm. Your hand burned from the volume of cursed energy you absorbed, but you were elated at your victory.