🍃Hungry🍃

In Gojo Satoru's lounge, the three began to discuss what would come next. Ieiri was quick to take her leave, however, and told the other two that she would leave her phone on in case something happened. This left Gojo and Nanami sitting alone, to drink and discuss between themselves.

"This is all my fault," Nanami admitted, letting out a deep breath at the end of his sentence. "I shouldn't have let her learn about cursed spirits."

"I guess we're feeling the same right now," Gojo responded, lifting his glass to his lips. Nanami looked at him with confusion. Gojo soon responded, "I think the higher ups found out about her because I've been training her. They might have done this to test her, or worse."

Nanami stayed quiet, and took a long sip from his glass. He was still processing what Satoru had just said to him. He must care about you too, he thought. Nanami wasn't upset with him for training you. He had a feeling that you would have sought Gojo out on your own eventually, or somehow gotten yourself into trouble without their interference in your life. Through this revelation, Nanami began to blame himself less for letting you into the world of jujutsu sorcery.

"I think it may be time to take her to Principal Yaga." Nanami finally spoke. He couldn't believe that he was saying these words. Gojo simply nodded in agreement.

Nanami and Gojo talked well into the night, sharing words over drinks and occasionally checking on you to make sure you were sleeping soundly. Eventually, the two became very tired, and Nanami said he was going to sit with you to make sure you were okay.

You had strange vivid dreams, ones of monsters with four arms, of twisting masses of snakes that formed an infinity, of wheels made out of flaming wings and golden creatures blowing trumpets. They were both divine and terrifying, although your dreams began to shift as you heard a familiar deep voice rumble throughout your dreamscape, washing over you like gentle ocean waves. A low voice in the distance, and the creak of wood. You dreamed that you were on a ship in the middle of the vast ocean, the low rumble was thunder in the distance, signifying that calming rainfall would come soon. You dreamed that the thunder neared, and became a voice once more. In your vivid dream you felt hot breath wash over your body, like the warm sun on a summer day. The breeze felt like a whisper, and it tingled your ears and you felt heat rising from your toes to your face.

The senses you were feeling were so different from any dream you previously had, even nightmares about curses, and the growing light in the back of your dreamscape didn't bother you until it suddenly roused you from your sleep.

You were in a brightly lit room, with light streaming in from the large bedroom window. Outside was the Tokyo skyline, reflecting sunlight off of the metal and glass skyscrapers. You remembered that you were cursed yesterday, and you exorcised the spirit yourself in a terribly painful manner. You took a deep breath in, thankful that your back wasn't sore at all. Ieiri's reverse cursed technique worked wonders on your body.

Then, you heard a sigh come from next to you. Quickly looking over, you realized that Nanami was lying on the other side of the bed. His hair was messy and his face serene, with his eyes closed peacefully. He was wearing a grey tshirt and sweatpants, which you had never seen him wear before. This oddly intimate view of him made your heart beat faster and faster as you laid there frozen, watching his wide chest rise and fall with his breathing.

You decided you needed to leave the room, as the blood was rushing to your head and you felt your temperature rising too high. You slowly sat up to try not to disturb him, and inched towards the edge of the bed so you could step off.

As you moved, he began to stir, which made you freeze. You were terrified that he would wake up and see you like this, although you didn't realize that he was watching after you all night long. When he seemed to fall still again, you moved your leg off of the bed, and he took a deep breath in which startled you. Your leg missed the floor and your entire body rolled off the mattress, hitting the floor and rattling the lamp on poor Gojo's nightstand. You let out an "oof" as you collided with the hardwood floor, wishing that you had the forgiveness of carpet.

The noise immediately stirred Nanami, and he jumped out of bed, calling for you. He raced around the side to see you on the floor, clutching your torn shirt to yourself, as red as a beet.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

You looked down with embarrassment as you replied "I'm fine."

You remained as still as possible, until Nanami realized that you probably wanted to be alone.

"Uhm, Ieiri-San left clothes for you." He went to the other side of the room and picked them up off of the dresser, and placed them on the bed. "I'll be outside." As soon as Nanami left, you put your burning face in your hands as you couldn't stop yourself from physically cringing.

Nanami immediately went to the bathroom and slammed the door, his face reddening as he felt guilty for embarrassing you. He turned on the tap and put both hands on the rim of the sink, watching the water flow down the drain as he tried to collect himself.

Gojo, on the other hand, heard all of the commotion in the other room and chuckled to himself. He got up off of the couch, stretched, and went to the kitchen to make something to eat.

When you were finally dressed and ready to face the two, you quietly stepped out of the bedroom. You immediately smelled something delicious as you entered the open-space living room, and you spotted Gojo cooking something in the kitchen.

"Gojo-Sensei, I'm so sorry for using your bed." you bowed deeply.

"Nonsense, I made pancakes!" He cheerfully replied. Your stomach growled at the word 'pancakes'. Nanami also entered the room, and Gojo set three large stacks of pancakes on the table. You were nearly drooling as you stared at the plate, the butter on top melting down the sides.

The three of you cheerfully ate breakfast, and it almost felt as if the previous night's events had never happened. You devoured the entire stack of pancakes, with Nanami watching in shock as he struggled to finish his. Gojo explained that reverse cursed techniques will make most people, even sorcerers, extremely hungry as their body tries to regain the energy that was used up in order to heal them. That made all three of you laugh, as you knew you were devouring them like an animal.

When it was time to go, you thanked Gojo repeatedly and invited him and Nanami for dinner at your apartment another day. Nanami walked you home, and this time you didn't object. You walked in relative silence until you came across your backpack from the night before, which was moved to under an awning by a kind stranger. That way, instead of dripping wet, your bag was only soggy.

There was a KFC on the way to your apartment. KFC was very popular in Japan, so it wasn't unusual to pass by one while walking the streets of Tokyo. However, this time you passed by, the smell of fried chicken made your mouth drool. You knew you had to go back later. Once Nanami said goodbye to you at the lobby of your apartment complex, you pretended to go inside before sneaking back out and watching him go up the road. Once he was out of sight, you walked quickly to the KFC and bought a 14 piece party bucket. You felt no shame that you were going to sit on your couch and eat the entire bucket while watching TV.

~~~

Okay another chapter done!! I genuinely love Nanami so much, the way he acknowledges his shortcomings and sincerely cares about others is unmatched by any other character in this series. If you're sick and tired of Kento Nanami being underappreciated then give me a shout because this is a NANAMI! APPRECIATION! TRIBUTE!