𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 🌷

ೃ⁀➷

ೃ⁀➷

𝗙𝗟𝗜𝗣𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛 𝗧𝗛𝗘 pages of her notebook, the young student studied the way her own handwriting differed on the pages. she spotted a shadow on her page and looked up. "may i help you, kirishima?" y/n asked, proudly showing off that she now knew everyone's names.

"nope! whatcha doing there?" he chirped back, his red hair prominent but not as bright as his eyes.

"just going over my notes." she bluntly replied, looking at the time. "looks like it's lunch already, i better go and find jiro and mina."

the two stared at each other for a while, the tension becoming thicker by the second. kirishima smiled sheepishly which only lead y/n to do the same.

awkwardly getting up from her chair, y/n tucked in her seat. as she was about to turn away, she was stopped.

"actually! i did want to ask you something." kirishima called out, his face still bright.

"oh?"

"i was wondering if you wanted to hang out? like go to a movie or something?" he twisted his fingers in his hands in a slightly nervous way, as if he was scared of rejection. "it's totally okay if you don't want to! i respect consent, since it's the manly thing to do."

"sure, i'd love to." y/n immediately accepted, happy a classmate was taking an interest in her. she pulled out her book and ripped out a page. after scribbling down her number, she handed to the pleased boy. "text me."

the boy happily accepted the paper and watched y/n walk out of the classroom in awe. not only had he got a day out with her but he'd also gotten her number.

...

"no way pizza is better than burgers! just thinking that is shameful!" kaminari argued to sero, who was not very convinced.

"i would like some evidence that people would rather eat some stuff between bread over cheesy goodness." sero banged his fist against the lunch table.

"soy sauce stop arguing with dunce face! you're both wrong!" bakugo yelled, tired of their bickering.

"oh yeah? let's see what kirishima thinks." denki smugly said.

kirishima looked up from his lap confused. "huh?"

"dude, you good?" sero asked.

"yeah, you've been grinning like an idiot all lunch." bakugo added, scowling at his denki, who was trying to drink his juice with his nose.

"well, actually, i asked y/n to a movie and she said yes! plus, i got her number." kirishima bragged, his chest puffed out with pride.

"you asked her out? and she said yes!?" kaminari yelled after choking on his drink.

"yep!"

"so you guys are dating?" sero suspiciously questioned, not believing two words.

"no? i asked her out like in a friend way, you know?"

"are you blunt, shitty hair?" bakugo rolled his eyes. "you asked her to a movie. where it's gonna be just the two of you. alone together."

"i don't get it?" the red haired boy said. "that's what buddies do right? me and you saw a movie last week!"

"that's different!" the blonde groaned, smoke coming out of his hands. "she's a girl!"

"a good-looking one at that!" sero added. "she probably thinks it's a date right now! she even gave you her number, bro!"

"oh." kirishima thought on it. "oh! so she thinks we're going on a date!"

"took you long enough." bakugo grumbled.

"then what do i do?"

"i mean, if i had the chance to date y/n i wouldn't pass it up!" denki pitched in, getting ignored.

the four boys thought silently.

"what are you gonna do?" sero wondered. "you could just date her. she is kinda cool."

"but we barely know each other! it wouldn't be manly to just start dating her without getting to know her fully!" the boy defended, sticking to his morals. "like i'd have to get to know what type of things she likes, what makes her sad, what makes her happy, what makes her—"

"instead of droning on about how much you like her, find out that shit so you can date her." katsuki offered, his face finally calm.

"i know! why don't you invite loads of other people so she gets the hint it's not a date!" sero proposed.

they all agreed on sero's magnificent idea and began to invite people.

...

on a sunny saturday, y/n dressed up in a cute green top and her favourite dark blue jeans. she didn't dress up too much as despite what the boys thought, she did not believe she was going on a date at all. she understood what a hangout was, unlike some others.

so you could imagine her surprise when she saw kirishima waiting with bakugo, kaminari, sero, mina, uraraka, midoriya, todoroki and jiro. y/n slowly walked up to the large group and greeted everyone.

she slid beside kirishima, who began sweating profusely. "i thought it was just us?" y/n asked.

"nope! just a hangout between buddies!" kirishima lied through his teeth hoping the girl wouldn't catch on.

"let's go shopping!" mina yelled, tugging onto kiro's sleeve. the two of them left for a clothing store on the other side of the mall.

"we should check out the arcade." kaminari decided, taking sero and bakugo with him.

"i quite wanted to see the film." todoroki muttered, leaving for the cinema with a nervous uraraka and flustered midoriya behind him. they didn't want to be alone together so they casted the dual haired male as their third wheel.

soon the group slowly began to spilt up, leaving y/n and kirishima together alone just as the boy had feared. turning to the boy, y/n watched his face. "is there a reason why you're so nervous, kiri?"

his face matched his hair as the sound of such a nickname left her lips. "no! let's catch up with the others." he murmured, already starting to walk away.

as y/n walked with kirishima to the arcade, she took the chance to say something. "you know, i was worried you'd think this would be a date."

"r-really!"

"yeah, not that i would mind." the girl smiled, leaving the boy speechless.