Raving - 2

"There's got to be some other way to get tickets, right?" said Scott as we got down from Stiles jeep.

"It's a secret show--" Stiles reminded us as we made our way to the school building. "there's only one way, and it's a secret."

"Hey." We all looked to see Matt walking up to us. "Hey Matt."

"Either of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?" Matt asked. Ah yes, with Victoria Argent and Gerard as the principle and assistant they made sure along with my mom that no one knew the truth about what happened.

"Just forget about it." Stiles said evasively. "Nobody got hurt."

Matt looked at him offended. "I-I had a concussion."

"Well, no one got seriously hurt."

"I was in the ER for six hours!"

Stiles was irritated at this point. "Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt?" Oh dear. "Your little bump on the head is about this high-" Stiles lowered his hand all the way on the ground, leaving it hovering just a few inches. "on our list of problems right now."

I shook my head at Stiles and turned to Matt. "As for the suspension thing, my mom was able to get the principal not to suspend anyone."

 I mean, how could they? It's not our fault Jackson is a murdering lizard. 

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now." He changed the subject. "So, you two didn't get any tickets last night, either?" I shook my head. Damn Jackson scared the woman away.

"Are they still selling?" Scott asked.

Matt shook his head. "Uh, no, but I managed to find two online. You should keep trying. Sounds like everyone's gonna be there."

"I don't like him" Stiles muttered as Matt walked off.

"Hey, are you sure about this?" Stiles questioned us. I nod.

"Last time, whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job." Poor baby girl.

"So, what do you think he's going to do this time?"

Stiles sighed in defeat. "Be there to make sure it happens."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Ketamine?" I questioned Deaton, holding up the small vile.

"It's the same stuff we use on the dogs, just a higher dosage." I nod and slipped it in my bookbag. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time."

He then held up the mountain ash. "This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles-- only you."

Stiles chuckled nervously, taking the vile "Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure. Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?"

I shook my head at him. "Sorry Stiles. But we're all supernatural, we can't do it."

"It's from the Mountain Ash tree." Deaton continued to explain. "Which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble." 

"Okay, so, then, what?" Stiles said. "Just spread this around the whole building, and then either Jackson or whoever's controlling him can't cross it?" Stiles questioned skeptically.

Deaton nodded. "They'll be trapped."

"Doesn't sound too hard." I said with a shrug.

"Not all there is." Deaton said.

"Think of it like gunpowder-- it's just powder until a spark ignites it." He pointed at Stiles. "You need to be that spark, Stiles."

Stiles looked at him in bewilderment. "If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that."

"Let me try a different analogy. I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind, and their mind takes over." He said trying to explain. "It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish."

"Force of will."

"If this is going to work, Stiles, you have to believe it."

Stiles nodded and inhaled. "Mmhmm."