Shape Shifted - 3

Scott was waiting for me outside of Gerards office, as soon as I stepped out we took of running. We burst through the double doors and saw Issac in the back of a police cruiser. Dammit. We're to late. He looked back at us, this sad look as they drove away.

I groaned frustrated. "Great," I kicked at the ground. "Just great."

We have to get him out of there. Or else the Argents will be after him. Scott and I turned to head back inside but that was when a car screeched to a halt in front of us.

I whirled around recognizing the sound of the tires. Derek's Chevy.

He lowered the passenger door window. "Get in."

I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You're joking right?" I go down the steps and point an accusing finger at him through the window. "You turned Issac! That whole mess is your fault!"

Derek sighed. "I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

I leaned back and stood my ground. "No, I've got a better idea. I'm gonna call one of Dad's contacts. A lawyer, because the lawyer might actually have a chance of getting him out before the moon goes up."

"Not when they do a real search of the house." Derek replied imatently.

I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse-- a lot worse."

I looked back at Scott who just sighed and nodded. I grumbled in response as Derek pushed open the door.

I let Scott get in first, lowering the front seat so he could get in the back and I could get in the front.

I slammed the door closed and glared at Derek.

"I'm telling Mom."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"If Isaac didn't kill his father, who did?" Scott asked Derek as we walked inside Issacs house. It just felt wrong, his dad was dead and we're trespassing.

"You didn't turn another werewolf right?" I said looking at Derek.

He shoved me forward a little at the accusation.

"I don't know yet. And I didn't turn another werewolf." I nodded unconvinced. "Uh huh."

"Then how do you know he's telling the truth?" Scott asked.

"Because I trust my senses. And it's a combination of them-- not just your sense of smell." Derek said, looking at him meaningly.

"You saw the lacrosse thing today..."

Derek nodded. "Yeah."

"Did it look that bad?"

"Yeah." Derek said, putting a hand on both our shoulders and walked us forward.

"You should take a look, this one took video." Scott gasped at me, "What?!"

I shoved Derek back with my elbow.  "Traitor!"