Chapter 38: 'Cause It's Breaking News

Start from the beginning

Slade: Master, I've assigned the leader of the Tokyo Troopers to our set task. Y/N should be on his way to Tokyo if I'm correct?

???: Yes, Slade. He has no idea of the trap he is falling into.

Slade: Are you certain that he is not aware of our plan thus far?

???: He may, but even if he is aware, he certainly isn't anticipating the outcome.

Slade: The Titans will be destroyed once and for all.

???: Not only the Titans but once we are finished, there will be no planet for anyone left to save.

Slade: Yes, master.

???: May I ask about that human girl that you are training?

Slade: Terra? Well, she isn't convinced from what told her about Y/N.

???: She doesn't need to be convinced. All she needs is that thought in the back of her mind, it should be enough to enrage her on certain occasions. How is she coming along in terms of combat and resilience?

Slade: She still lags behind in a few critical areas, but that shouldn't too much to handle.

???: It'd better not be. We have no time to lose.

Slade: Yes, master. What shall my task be in the meantime?

???: Spread the word to more villains. Everyone you can. Tell them that they will have the opportunity to work for the greatest villain of all time. And even better, take down the most powerful being currently on Earth.

Slade: I could never be happier to do so.

???: Perfect. Once this is all over, Y/N will be no more.

Titans Tower - Ops Room

News Announcer: Breaking News! We've recently just been informed that Y/N, the newest member of the Teen Titans, has been reported missing. This case only popped up a few hours ago, and in that time has gone viral all over the media. People are coming up with all kinds of crazy assumptions. Ones that we have seen pop up are that he was murdered and the Titans buried his body, he was kicked out of Titans, people are even saying that he might've eloped. Well, we certainly hope any of those aren't true. All we can hope is that he's alive and well and that he hasn't gone too far-

Cyborg immediately shuts off the TV, leaving the 5 Titans sitting silently in the Ops Room.

Cyborg: People are seriously believing stuff like that?

Raven: People are monsters.

Starfire: Are other humans always like this?

Robin: Trust me Star. Every time something happens to a celebrity, conspiracy theorists go wild.

Beast Boy: It's true Star. Have you read some of the fanfiction that has been written about us?

Starfire: Fan... fiction? What is this fiction of fan you speak of, friend Beast Boy?

Beast Boy notices everyone around him signaling 'No'.

Beast Boy: It's... best you don't know.

Cyborg: This is going to be the next big story for years. And why? 'Cause, it's breaking news.

Robin steps up in front of the Titans.

Robin: Titans, this is more serious than we thought. We have no choice but to continue the search outside of Jump City. We'll go all the way to New York if you have to.

Cyborg: Should we spread the word to other heroes?

Robin: Possibly, but should keep this case as small as possible. We don't know the extent of the situation yet. So here's my plan; We all-