Twelve

Chapter Twelve- Penny's POV

I had never been inside any FBI buildings, police stations yes, obviously, after my parents but an FBI building, especially FBI headquarters was different. I felt more intimidated as Alex showed me inside. A few agents nodded at Alex as a greeting and Alex responds with the same head gesture, just eager to go inside and get this situation fixed.

"Hey Penny," Dave says. I smile at him as the rest of Alex's team trails into the conference room. The man who entered the room after the team I recognized was Alex's unit chief.

"Special Agent William," he introduces himself as we shake hands.

"Penny Valentine," I say and he smiles a bit.

"Oh trust me I know, I wish we had met on different circumstances," William says and I nod slowly.

"So you actually think you saw the guy?" Lauren asks me and I slowly nod. They had just gotten back from Texas last night and when I told Alex I think I saw someone following me last night when we got back to his house, and here we were sitting in the FBI.

Lauren and the boys besides Alex glance at each other, "was this man you think you saw?" William asks placing a photo on the table. I lean forward and grab the photo. I gulp and stare at the photo.

From beside me, I can feel Alex squeeze my shoulder "Pens," he says softly, from the corner of my eye I see him crouch down. "Baby, what is it?" He asks.

"This is him," I confirm, "this is the man following me," I say. "He was also one of the males at the museum hostage," I tell them and they slowly nod.

"He was the one that got away, the one we thought left the state," William tells me.

"Are you kidding?" Alex questions standing up obviously pissed off, I ignore him, he rants loudly as I continue to stare at the picture.

"Penny?" Lauren asks, my eyes snap up and she was sitting across me, leaning forward on the table a bit. "What's wrong?" She asks me as the room goes quiet.

"I um, when they took of the museum, he said he knew me, he knew all about me,"

"So what? He's been following you since before the museum?" Alex asks.

"Could have been," William nods "was the stuffed elephant and the flowers the only thing you two have gotten?" He asks and we nod.

"You two, especially Penny aren't safe," Dave sighs leaning back in his seat.

"Good observation idiot," Scout mumbles and Dave flips him off. I place the photo back onto the table and lean back slowly, placing my hands on my stomach,

"It's true you aren't safe, either of you, we have to take precautions, tight ones especially because your pregnant Penny," William tells me and I nod.

"I should've shot him in the head when I had the chance," Alex mumbles pacing the floor.

"You couldn't have done anything," Bill tells him.

"If he were dead or in jail like the others this wouldn't be happening, my family wouldn't be in trouble," Alex says loudly.