Seven

Chapter Seven- Alexander's POV

"I'm gonna say this now because you are officially moved in Pen but I hated that studio loft," Savannah chuckles and I hear a gentle smack.

"Yea like how did you bring dudes up there during one-night stands?" Ed jokes as we successfully lowered the couch into the 'living room' space.

"Dude," I grumble at my best friend.

"Oh right sorry, don't want Alex becoming jealous," Ed chuckles, I flip him off walking towards the girls as they finished up the kitchen.

"My loft expressed who I am," Penny says, "you know the art freak?" she says slowly lifting a box.

"hey," I say softly grabbing the box from her and placing the box on the counter, "you aren't supposed to lift anything, come on Pens," I remind her, she rolls her eyes.

"Xander I'm seventeen weeks pregnant, not unreliable," She reminds me placing her hands on her hips.

"No heavy lifting or lifting at all," I remind her back. We stare at each other intensely before she sighs and shakes her head. I smile a bit as I open the box up for her.

Since I've gotten back from California, besides work Penny and I spent most of the time trying to find her an apartment near me, which we did. It was in a safe neighborhood, community, the other apartment owners were nice and even her landlord. Penny thought I was being a little overdramatic but I told her I was just taking normal precautions, I wanted her and our kid-safe that's all I wanted.

"has it been like this the whole time?" Savannah asks closing a cupboard.

"What? Xander being an overdramatic ass?" Penny says and I sigh, Ed raises his eyebrow at me finding this amusing.

"I'm not being overdramatic, I just don't want you to lift anything hard," I tell her, leaning back on the counter.

She scoffs, "ever heard of an independent woman?"

"Pens you're pregnant," I deadpan.

"And a ton of women have a baby alone," She states.

"I'm not here to fight with you Pens," I tell her as she passes me.

"Then what the hell are you doing here?" she asks me angrily as she walks out. I sigh as a door slams shut.

"I'll go check on her," Savannah begins.

"No, I'll do it. I'm the one that needs to apologize, she was right" I begin and push off the counter, "about all of it," I mumble.

"I never thought I'd hear Alex admit he's wrong or needs to apologize to someone," I hear Ed tell Savannah as the two continue unpacking the kitchen.

I knock on Penny's bedroom door before pushing it open slowly, she was sitting on the floor, on her area rug, putting books and such away on her white bookshelf. I sigh and sit down beside her after closing the door a bit.

"Pens," I say softly, she ignores me. I slowly grab the book in her hand and reach under grabbing her chin and forcing her to look at me, "Penny," I say.