Four

Chapter Four- Penny's POV

A smile takes over as I scroll through the pictures Savannah sent me from Bora Bora. They were in Bora Bora for about two weeks before they are heading to California to see Ed's grandparents who couldn't make it to the wedding, it's been almost four weeks since I've seen her.

"It looks so beautiful Sav," I gush as I settle into my office chair.

"Right!" She exclaims excitedly over the phone, "so how are you feeling? Hopefully, your stomach bug is gone,"

"I don't think it is," I mumble running a hand down my hair, "considering I just finished throwing up before you called,"

"Damn, you sure it's not from the wedding?" She asks concerned.

"No, it happened around the time you guys were leaving Bora Bora, it's probably just something I ate, you know how I am when I'm painting, eat whatever's insight," I shrug.

"That's true, are you still at work?" She asks and I hum.

"I'm about to leave now though," I say as I stand back up and grab my purse and keys.

"Well you should get some rest, and stop staying up painting for the love of God but please rest,"

"Okay," I laugh, "don't worry mom, I've got a pint of ice cream ready for me at home,"

"Okay," she chuckles and we give each other a quick goodbye and I begin to leave the museum. It was still busy as I left, closing wasn't for another hour. The twenty-five to almost thirty drive back to my apartment couldn't have felt any longer.

I shut my front door and lock it before kicking off my heels, my feet were feeling swollen lately. I throw my purse and keys onto my kitchen counter and look past my very messy living room with all my art supplies everywhere.

Pulling open my freezer I grab the pint of Ben and Jerry's and turn to grab a spoon. Walking over to my couch, I grab a blanket and turn on my tv, changing it to Netflix and turning on Grey's Anatomy.

Before I dip my spoon into the ice cream pint I stop and stare at it, it didn't look as appealing as I thought, I close the pint and put it and the spoon on my coffee table before getting comfortable on my couch and spending the rest of my day watching greys anatomy and the occasional moment to throw up in my bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Adjusting the necklace on my neck that held both my parent's wedding ring, I turn to the group of students with a smile, "and this is where I sadly leave you," I tell them at the end of our tour.

"Now I know you are all gonna miss me," I begin and the kids smile and laugh, "but you've got the gift shop right over here so have it," I wink at them. The kids rush into the gift shop and I stop to talk to the two teachers that joined the group.

We part with a simple goodbye before I reconnect my earpiece, "Pen are you back on?" Someone asks.

"Yeah sorry, my tour ran a bit late, is the shipment here?"

"Yea, I'll sort it out with them," I tell them before fobbing my way through an elevator. I remember Alex telling me to be careful down here a few weeks back. I shake my head at the thought of Alex.

The day after the wedding I remembered everything, it came like a flood along with my pounding headache. I woke up alone in the hotel room but written on the notepad he had told me work called in and he had to leave. The last time we saw each other was at the wedding and that was almost a month or so ago, maybe more than a month now.