Eighteen

Alex's POV

The sound of the door's bell woke Piper up. It was 30 minutes before our anniversary celebration started. After our intense love making, Piper and I fell into deep sleep. Luckily, I woke up earlier and already done getting ready. My previous suit now replaced with another suit. White blazer with matching blue colour of shirt and pants. Hopefully, Piper will not be aroused again. She always did, every time she sees me in my suit.

"You need to get ready babe. You only have 30 minutes. I will welcome our arriving guests." I spoke.

"Thanks Al." Her voice husky. I came closer to her and bent down kissing her lips, murmuring I love you before went out to the living room.

"Bill, Carol." I greeted my parents in law happily.

"Alex, how many times do we have to correct you? It's dad and mom, remember?" Bill asked with dissatisfaction in his tone. Shit! I patted my head.

"Sorry dad, mom." I pretended to show a sad face. A few months ago Carol and Bill asked me to call them mom and dad. I am still adjusting to the change. But I am indeed very happy to be able to call them that.

"Oh stop pretending." Carol laughed. "Come, hug us."

I hugged Carol first and then Bill. It never crossed my mind that this Chapman couple could finally accept me, knowing what I did to their daughter's life before. I am so grateful to be a part of their family.

"Where is Cal and Neri?" I asked.

"They go straight to their room because they had to bathe 3 little rascals." Bill laughed and I joined him. Piper and I did provide a room specifically for Cal and his family and another room for Bill and Carol. So, every time they come to visit us, they would have their own room.

"Where are the twins?" Carol asked. "I miss them very much."

"They are playing in the playroom." I answered.

"And where is Piper?" Bill frowned.

"Getting ready. She just woke up." I hope my face don't turn red, otherwise they'll know what caused Piper to be late getting ready. Before Bill able to ask further, they door's bell rang.

"You go and get it. Carol and I wanted to meet our favourite twins." Bill said excitedly and then walk briskly towards the playroom while Carol following him. I just smiled seeing them and then marched towards the door.

"Stretch!" Nicky shouted the moment I opened the door.

"Nicky, Lorna, Ma!" My mouth formed a big smile. Nicky, Lorna and Red was standing at the door with their big grinned. Red pulled me in her embrace.

"My tall and gorgeous daughter. Oh! I miss you all so much." She said with her thick Russian accent.

"You just met us last week Ma." I said, laughing.

"Oh, shut up! If possible, I wanted to be with you all the time." She said.

"You can. If you wanted to live with us."

"No, Ma is staying with us, she will always be." Nicky quickly disagreed.

"Honey." Lorna giving her warning making me chuckled.

"What?!" Nicky smiled wickedly to her wife.

"Red is Alex and Piper Ma too not only ours." Lorna said.

"Okay, okay. I know that. But, if Ma lives with them, who will be the cook in our restaurant?"

"I won't be living with them you idiot. There is no way I will leave the restaurant with only you and Lorna taking care of it. That will be a disaster." Red smacked Nicky's head. Lorna and I laughed.

"Aww.. that's painful." Nicky touched her head.

"Okay, let's talk inside of the house. Come on in." I grabbed Red's shoulder and guided her inside the house.

"Where is Piper by the way?" Asked Lorna.

"Still getting ready." I spoke nonchalantly.

"OMG! You two were fucking right?!" Nicky exclaimed. "Piper isn't the type who likes to get ready late especially for an event like this."

"Honey! There are children in this house. Your language!" Lorna scolded Nicky. Both Red and I chuckled.

"Yes, we were. And there is nothing wrong about it. She is my wife, and this is our anniversary." I smirked.

"Babushka!" Liam and Lexi exclaimed happily upon seeing Red. The twins are now in the living room. They ran and jumped into Red's embrace which already open wide waiting for them. Cal, Neri and their three children are joining us now too. Everybody greets everybody. We talked and laughed and more and more our guests arrived.

Suddenly, all voices stopped, and I spun around to look where their eyes were. An admiration smile formed in my lips. Piper was approaching me, and she looks incredibly stunning and exquisite.

"Hi baby." I said. I pulled her into my arms and planted a kiss to her lips. "You look absolutely stunning." I compliment her.

"And you look ravishing and scrumptious." Piper whispered but still can be heard by everyone, making the guests laughter exploded.

"Enough you two! Even though it's been 7 years, you two are still not satisfied?" Cal was teasing us making everybody laughed again. I kissed Piper one more time before pulling her to the front of our guests to begin our wedding anniversary celebration.