One

Alex's POV

It had been one and a half years since I have transferred to Ohio and that mean it had been one and a half years too, I haven't heard anything about Piper. I missed her so fucking much until it hurts. Is she happy with Zelda? Are they staying in Southampton? Does she still love me? My brain flooded with thousand and thousand questions.

To be honest I am regretting breaking up with her. If only I can turn back the clock, I will never ever be letting her go. She wanted to stay but I pushed her away because I was a coward. I was afraid to get hurt but the truth is by letting her go I hurt not just myself but also the very person I love with all my life. How stupid!

However, there is one good thing came out from my breaking up with Piper. My sentence had been reduced because of my good behaviour. I will be out in 7 months. The motivation was Piper. I wanted to chase her at Southampton and take her back. She was mine and nobody will ever get her. But only if she wanted to. But how about if she doesn't want me anymore? Am I still being able to live after that? I don't know. But I remember when she said to me that she could never ever stop loving me. So, I cling to that as a hope.

"Hey Vause." Suddenly I heard Big Boo was calling me. I turned and saw Yoga Jones and her, seated in our favourite table.

"Yeah?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Have you checked whether your name listed in the special occasion tomorrow or not?"

"What kind of occasion?" I frowned in confusion. I walked towards them and sat in front of Big Boo.

"The new mayor during the campaign promises that if he wins, he will give a special day to anyone who has a partner in prison to meet in a special room without a guard in it and doing the law of nature between spouses." Boo explained.

"The law of nature between spouses?" I confused even more.

"Vause, when spouses or partner haven't meet each other after a long period of time because of prison, and all of sudden given an opportunity to do so without a guard inside the room or other people, what do you think they will do?" Yoga Jones asked me.

"Okay, okay. I understand now." I laughed with my slow comprehension.

"Check your name whether it is listed or not. It is at the notice board near the vending machine. This special meeting only granted for inmates who behaved exceptionally good for the past 5 months and you are really behaving good ever since we all transferred here."

"That's funny. I don't have anyone here in Ohio. Nobody wanted to see me okay." I laughed. "But that fucking mayor really wanted to win huh? I have never heard of a campaigner making such a promise in my entire life."

"Yes. But it works. He won." Jones looked at me with grin in her face. I was grateful for her actually. Every time I felt down, she would saying her favourite line - consider your time here as mandala - and my heart somehow at ease.

"Hey Vause!" This time I heard Nicky's voice calling me. Nicky recently transferred to Ohio. What did she do that earned her to transferred here? Well, same as me! She fucked a guard and broke her fucking heart. Like McCullough, the guard made Nicky transferred here as a payback. However, pity her because it made Nicky happy because she can be with us.

"I saw your name listed for the special meeting." Nicky continued. Big Boo and Yoga Jones clapped their hand happily like a child who just got a present.

"Whaaatt?!!!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"I told you so." Said Boo.

"But I do not know anyone in Ohio. That doesn't make sense at all. Are you sure?" I still could not believe what I heard from Nicky.